Windows 11 Support

37 Posts
7 Users
1 Reactions
Nathan_K
(@nathan_k)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Windows 11 is really just an enhanced version of Windows 10, which is why the registry still shows 10. I used the OSBUILD2 line below for what I wanted to see.

OSBUILD2=interval:0,color:ffdd99,text:Operating System,display:%1 (%2)|%15{{{.%17}}}{{{.%16}}} {{{(%18)}}}

ReplyQuote
(@arvis)
Eminent Member Registered

%1 aka %operating_system% is working fine and showing Windows 11, but it starts with "Microsoft"

I would prefer to use %21 aka %productname% which removes "Microsoft", but the result for that one is Windows 10.

%operating_system% = Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprise
%productname% = Windows 10 Enterprise

ReplyQuote
(@rtruss)
Trusted Member Registered

Still the way it is. If you see my post here: https://www.glenn.delahoy.com/forums/topic/windows-11-support/#post-4642 this is how I work through it. We have even updated it since I posted as we now have windows 10/11/ multi user to contend with.

Here is our updated code for identifying what os it is:

# needed to account for Windows 11 as there are some items that still report win 10 like productname
REG=set:OSBuild,value:HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionCurrentBuild,display:%1,hidden:1
REG=set:OSEdition,value:HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionEditionID,display:%1,hidden:1
IF=value1:%OSEdition%,comp:eq,value2:ServerRdsh
SET OSEdition=Multi-Session
IF=value1:%OSEdition%,comp:eq,value2:EnterpriseS
SET OSEdition=LTSC 2021
SET myProductName=Windows 10 %osedition%
IF=value1:%OSBuild%,comp:ge,value2:22000
SET MyProductName=Windows 11 %osedition%
OSBUILD2=color:%orange%,text:Operating System,display:%MYProductName% (%18)

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I would also like to know how to omit the Microsoft from %1

Rtruss i found when i added the code above it still shows Windows 10 on a Windows 11 device. My current build registry entry is showing as 22631

I was curious how the following line works.

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

Posted by: @Anonymous

I was curious how the following line works.

IF %OSBuild% is greater than or equal to 22000

where build 22000 was the first build of Windows 11.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Thanks for that, i should have really figure that out lol.

I also realised why i was having issues with rtruss code, I had to change the following.

REG=set:OSBuild,value:HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionCurrentBuild,display:%1,hidden:1
REG=set:OSEdition,value:HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionEditionID,display:%1,hidden:1

to 

REG=set:OSBuild,value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CurrentBuild,display:%1,hidden:1
REG=set:OSEdition,value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EditionID,display:%1,hidden:1

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

missing the backslashes.  that'll do it every time.

also this forum software has nicer code support to make sure it doesn't mangle this kind of thing:

REG=set:OSBuild,value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CurrentBuild,display:%1,hidden:1
REG=set:OSEdition,value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EditionID,display:%1,hidden:1

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Glenn's Page