Welcome to Glenn’s Eclectic Freeware.
This is the home of Desktop Info and Desktop Calendar.
I have chosen to be ‘selective’ so if you’ve come looking for the other projects that used to live here, you’re outa luck. They are way too old and irrelevant and I prefer to quietly bury them. If you look hard enough, you’ll find them around the traps.
I am also the current keeper of Snappy Driver Installer Origin, a free and open source Windows driver installation and update tool.
By the way, that photo is taken by me just outside my home town. You can see my house on the hill in the distance.
- Desktop Info v1.12.0 Released 9 January 2019- This release has no major architectural changes, yay! There’s some minor tweaks to smooth out the navigation buttons and paging, some new tools and bug fixes and a change to how monitor-mode works. If you use the monitor-mode option you’ll need to check out the changes. Change 1: Fixed REGISTRY so it can read “read ...
- Snappy Driver Installer Origin v1.4.9 25 December 2018- Version 22.214.171.1248 23 December 2018 Driver Packs 18115
- Desktop Info v1.11.0 Released 16 December 2018- December 2018 There are two important architectural changes in this release: I’ve moved the data collection code into a thread to allow the gui to be more responsive. This has the side effect of raising the memory footprint slightly. Secondly, I’ve added a background process to collect 64 bit metrics. This is controlled from the ...
- Desktop Info v1.10.2 Released 17 November 2018- November 2018 Change 1: Fixed bug with FIXEDDISK and NETWORKADAPTER spinning out of control under Chinese Windows. Change 2: Continue the Unicode work. Change 3: Added reference English language file. Change 4: Fixed handle leak in ProcessMem, TopProcess and registry routines. Change 5: Fixed bug in bar chart when only one data point is available.
- New Host 10 November 2018- I’m changing over to a new host this weekend so if you notice oddness with the web site or it goes off the air for a while or you posted in the forum and it mysteriously disappeared, that’s most likely the cause. It should be fine within 24 hours.