Welcome to Glenn’s Eclectic Freeware.
This is the home of Desktop Info and Desktop Calendar.
I have chosen to be ‘selective’ so if you’ve come looking for the other projects that used to live here, you’re out of luck. They are way too old and irrelevant and I prefer to quietly bury them. If you look hard enough, you’ll find them around the traps.
I am also the current keeper of Snappy Driver Installer Origin, a free and open source Windows driver installation and update tool.
If you’re looking for some new and interesting music to listen to while monitoring your servers, take a look at my list of Great Albums.
By the way, I took that photo through the car window one Winter morning.
- Desktop Info v2.6.1 Released 27 May 2020 - This release specifically addresses issues with the IF and CONTROL/CONTROL2 items and how they behave and interact. Change 1: The IF item will now evaluate every cycle. Therefore the interval option is redundant. Change 2: The relationship between CONTROL and CONTROL2 is more complete and robust. I discovered a fatal flaw in the config loading ...
- Snappy Driver Installer Origin v1.6.3 18 May 2020 - Version 220.127.116.112 18 May 2020 Driver Packs 20052
- Desktop Info v2.6 Released 17 May 2020 - Change 1: Fixed introduced bug where the display would fail to update if nothing was displayed on the initial refresh. Change 2: Added remote monitoring option. This provides a mechanism for Desktop Info to retrieve raw data collected by another instance of Desktop Info. See the Options section to switch on the server and the ...
- Snappy Driver Installer Origin v1.6.2 23 April 2020 - Version 18.104.22.1681 23 April 2020 Driver Packs 20042 Translations
- Desktop Info v2.5 Released 14 April 2020 - What started out as a couple of quick fixes to deal with display issues has turned into a major refactor of the display routines. Fixes that work on one machine don’t work on another so it’s taken a bit of time to figure out what works in all cases. Change 1: Button and hyperlink controls ...