Welcome to Glenn’s Eclectic Freeware.
This is the home of Desktop Info and Desktop Calendar.
I have chosen to be ‘selective’ so if you’ve come looking for the other projects that used to live here, you’re out of luck. They are way too old and irrelevant and I prefer to quietly bury them. If you look hard enough, you’ll find them around the traps.
I am also the current keeper of Snappy Driver Installer Origin, a free and open source Windows driver installation and update tool.
If you’re looking for some new and interesting music to listen to while monitoring your servers, take a look at my list of Great Albums.
By the way, I took that photo through the car window one Winter morning.
- Desktop Info v2.10.0 Released 1 December 2020 - November 2020 Change 1: Added check for byte order marker when reading the ini file. Change 2: Fixed WMI Uint32 bug. Change 3: Updated reference for ENVVAR item. Change 4: Changed the default text value for ENVVAR to “%1”. Change 5: If row-text is not defined then text is used. If text is not defined ...
- Snappy Driver Installer Origin v1.8.0 14 November 2020 - Version 18.104.22.1682 14 November 2020 * Driver Packs 20.11.1 * The script “select” command will now AND the first set of options with the driver pack filters. For example, previously the command “select better lan” would select “all better drivers” as well as “all lan drivers”. This will now select “all better lan drivers”. In ...
- Snappy Driver Installer Origin v1.7.1 27 October 2020 - Version 22.214.171.1241 28 October 2020 * Driver Packs 20.10.3 * Further testing revealed some issues with the new code that deals with path read/write conditions and building directory structures. * Tools updated as follows: msys2 v20200903 gcc v7.1.0 boost v1.63.0 webp v0.6.1 libtorrent v1.0.8 7-zip v16.02 2+
- Snappy Driver Installer Origin v1.7.0 26 October 2020 - Version 126.96.36.1990 26 October 2020 * Driver Packs 20.10.3 * Fixed bug in script mode when there are spaces in the paths. * Added functions to better test for write/read-only conditions both locally and when running over a network share using UNC paths. SDIO now better operates in a read-only environment. * I’ve added a ...
- Oh The Springtime It Brings On The Shearing 10 October 2020 - This is just outside my home town as Spring turns everything green. The Springtime It Brings On The Shearing 0