Welcome to Glenn’s Eclectic Freeware.
This is the home of Desktop Info and Desktop Calendar.
I have chosen to be ‘selective’ so if you’ve come looking for the other projects that used to live here, you’re out of luck. They are way too old and irrelevant and I prefer to quietly bury them. If you look hard enough, you’ll find them around the traps.
I am also the current keeper of Snappy Driver Installer Origin, a free and open source Windows driver installation and update tool.
If you’re looking for some new and interesting music to listen to while monitoring your servers, take a look at my list of Great Albums.
By the way, I took that photo through the car window one Winter morning.
- Snappy Driver Installer Origin v1.10.0 6 February 2021 - I’m unable to get boost/libtorrent updated beyond these versions. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know. 5 February 2021 * Driver Packs 21.02.01 * Translations * Tools updated as follows: msys2 v20200903 gcc v8.1.0 boost v1.65.0 webp v1.1.0 libtorrent v1.0.11 7-Zip v17.01 +1
- Desktop Info v2.10.1 Released 25 January 2021 - January 2021 Not much to report this month. Don’t forget to report issues at the web site. Change 1: When using the context options to open the ini file and language file, make sure the file parameter is quoted. +3
- Snappy Driver Installer Origin v1.9.0 21 December 2020 - 21 December 2020 * Driver Packs 20.12.2 * Tools updated as follows: msys2 v20200903 gcc v7.3.0 boost v1.65.0 webp v0.6.1 libtorrent v1.0.11 7-Zip v16.04 +3
- Desktop Info v2.10.0 Released 1 December 2020 - November 2020 Change 1: Added check for byte order marker when reading the ini file. Change 2: Fixed WMI Uint32 bug. Change 3: Updated reference for ENVVAR item. Change 4: Changed the default text value for ENVVAR to “%1”. Change 5: If row-text is not defined then text is used. If text is not defined ...
- Snappy Driver Installer Origin v1.8.0 14 November 2020 - Version 126.96.36.1992 14 November 2020 * Driver Packs 20.11.1 * The script “select” command will now AND the first set of options with the driver pack filters. For example, previously the command “select better lan” would select “all better drivers” as well as “all lan drivers”. This will now select “all better lan drivers”. In ...