Welcome to Glenn’s Eclectic Freeware.
This is the home of Desktop Info and Desktop Calendar.
I have chosen to be ‘selective’ so if you’ve come looking for the other projects that used to live here, you’re out of luck. They are way too old and irrelevant and I prefer to quietly bury them. If you look hard enough, you’ll find them around the traps.
I am also the current keeper of Snappy Driver Installer Origin, a free and open source Windows driver installation and update tool.
If you’re looking for some new and interesting music to listen to while monitoring your servers, take a look at my list of Great Albums.
By the way, I took that photo through the car window one Winter morning.
- Snappy Driver Installer Origin v1.11.0 17 July 2021 - Version 126.96.36.1995 17 July 2021 * Driver Packs 21.07.2 * Removed auto seeding option, was too much of a problem. You can still manually start seeding after a download is complete. * Fixed metro theme and replaced metallic as default theme. * Removed settings.cfg, no longer required. * Trimmed trackers.txt.
- Desktop Info v3 64-bit! 14 July 2021 - July 2021 I have finally migrated the project to the latest Delphi compiler. This is a leap of technology of 16 years so there’s a metric tonne of changes to make it work. The upside is we now have 64-bit and 32-bit builds with access to the latest tools and language technology. The downside is ...
- Desktop Info v2.11.0 7 June 2021 - June 2021 Change 1: Fixed bug in CMD when the result is exactly 200 bytes. Change 2: In CMD, don’t trim the result if read-as-csv is specified. Change 3: The FILE item has been converted to a regular item. It kind of always was but there was some old code in there that ran in ...
- Desktop Info v2.10.2 1 April 2021 - April 2021 Change 1: Added environment variables to the FILE item. Change 2: Added user variables to REGISTRY item. Change 3: Added multi SET processing to WMI items. Change 4: Fixed series percent bug in bar chart. Change 5: Added new option ALIGN at both the global and item level and altered TEXT-ALIGN to override ...
- Snappy Driver Installer Origin v1.10.0 6 February 2021 - I’m unable to get boost/libtorrent updated beyond these versions. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know. 5 February 2021 * Driver Packs 21.02.01 * Translations * Tools updated as follows: msys2 v20200903 gcc v8.1.0 boost v1.65.0 webp v1.1.0 libtorrent v1.0.11 7-Zip v17.01