Welcome to Glenn’s Eclectic Freeware.
This is the home of Desktop Info and Desktop Calendar.
I have chosen to be ‘selective’ so if you’ve come looking for the other projects that used to live here, you’re outa luck. They are way too old and irrelevant and I prefer to quietly bury them. If you look hard enough, you’ll find them around the traps.
I am also the current keeper of Snappy Driver Installer Origin, a free and open source Windows driver installation and update tool.
By the way, that photo is taken by me just outside my home town. You can see my house on the hill in the distance.
- Desktop Info v1.13.1 Released 8 February 2019- Fixed an ugly display bug in the WMI number transform.
- Desktop Info v1.13.0 Released 7 February 2019- Change 1: Added line-spacing to [options]. This controls the number of pixels between rows so you can squeeze it closer together or spread it out. Change 2: Fixed csv bug duplicating header cells. Change 3: Added maxrows and %rowcount% to the WMI item. In addition to limiting the output of the WMI display, it also ...
- Desktop Info v1.12.0 Released 9 January 2019- This release has no major architectural changes, yay! There’s some minor tweaks to smooth out the navigation buttons and paging, some new tools and bug fixes and a change to how monitor-mode works. If you use the monitor-mode option you’ll need to check out the changes. Change 1: Fixed REGISTRY so it can read “read ...
- Snappy Driver Installer Origin v1.4.9 25 December 2018- Version 184.108.40.2068 23 December 2018 Driver Packs 18115
- Desktop Info v1.11.0 Released 16 December 2018- December 2018 There are two important architectural changes in this release: I’ve moved the data collection code into a thread to allow the gui to be more responsive. This has the side effect of raising the memory footprint slightly. Secondly, I’ve added a background process to collect 64 bit metrics. This is controlled from the ...