Clear all

Different width per Page/Text after Control

10 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
(@axemaster99)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

First just a quick word of appreciation for this tool, it's absolutely fantastic, and thanks.

I'm wondering if there's any way to do the following, I've tried several different things but if it's possible I've not hit on it yet:

- Is there any way to reset/change the width and position of the DI window per Page/when a Page is changed?

- Is there any way to make a text item appear immediately after a Control on the same row/line?

*edit - tried to attach the .ini file but couldn't xD

Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

1. there is no configuration for individual pages.

2. Not in the legacy (usual) layout.  However, if your layout is static (ie rows are not coming and going), you might try the absolute positioning using the x and y options.  See the .\sample-config\desktopinfo-absolute.ini file for more information.

Should be able to attach ini file. I'll have to go and yell at the forum configuration software.

ReplyQuote
(@axemaster99)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you Glenn! Knowing the first point, I'll work around it instead.
I had not spotted that config file, thanks for pointing me to it - that seems like it should work.
Much appreciated!!

Glenn reacted
ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

testing attachment

ReplyQuote
(@axemaster99)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I think I'll work around this by rapidly relaunching DI with a different .ini via a Control, and leave the width to auto and possibly force resize the window externally if needed. I'll try to use a lot of wide:1 and spacing as well in case the secondary absolute method isn't suitable in some case. I'll post an .ini on it later in case anyone's interested. Thanks again! 

ReplyQuote
(@axemaster99)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi again! Another query, I'm assuming the answer is no but just in case:

- Is there any way I could attach more than one URI to a single Control?

- Or alternatively, that I've been trying to work out, any way to launch a CMD but only when a certain Page is opened, rather than being evaluated with the whole of the rest of the .ini file on launching DI?

ReplyQuote
(@axemaster99)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Really all I'm trying to do is use the URI in the Control to do something, and also for {page} changing so that it changes the page too.
Or maybe I could instead use a Control to do whatever Select Config -> .ini file from the Context Menu does... or does that simply close and relaunch DesktopInfo.exe again?

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

Posted by: @axemaster99

Hi again! Another query, I'm assuming the answer is no but just in case:

- Is there any way I could attach more than one URI to a single Control?

- Or alternatively, that I've been trying to work out, any way to launch a CMD but only when a certain Page is opened, rather than being evaluated with the whole of the rest of the .ini file on launching DI?

1. you assume correctly

2. by default, items evaluate only when they are visible. When the page is changed, the items will stop evaluating. Unless you use the "background-interval" option.

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

Posted by: @axemaster99

Really all I'm trying to do is use the URI in the Control to do something, and also for {page} changing so that it changes the page too.
Or maybe I could instead use a Control to do whatever Select Config -> .ini file from the Context Menu does... or does that simply close and relaunch DesktopInfo.exe again?

You want a control to do two different things?

Select Config does a full config reset but doesn't actually relaunch. I believe we can add a new option {config} to the CONTROL uri that would act the same as the context menu option. I'll have a look.

Are you still trying to reset the form size for different pages?

ReplyQuote
(@axemaster99)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

@glenn Thanks again for the information!
So basically yes - I'm using Control/Control2 to have some hyperlinks to cycle through the pages, so I thought if I can't attribute a width and position per page, I could cycle the Page with the control and then run an external CMD to resize and reposition the form/window.

I can achieve the same effect through the Context Menu and selecting Config - whatever.ini each time, but it would be nice to do this with single click.

Having a Control URI for {config}, args whatever.ini seems like it would work as a solution, as far as I understand. I'll look into background-interval as well, I could maybe have a CMD run a check on the form/window hidden at an interval and resize and reposition externally that way as well.

ReplyQuote
Glenn's Page