7 Users
1 Reactions
Nathan_K
(@nathan_k)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter  

I'm good with the new functionality.

This:

WMI=interval:0,color:ffdd99,set:WindowsVersion,namespace:rootcimv2,query:Win32_OperatingSystem,display:%caption% (%OSArchitecture%),hidden:1
REG=interval:0,set:MajorVersion,value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionCurrentVersion,display:%1,hidden:1
REG=interval:0,set:CurrentBuild,value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionCurrentBuild,display:%1,hidden:1
REG=interval:0,set:MinorBuild,value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionUBR,display:%1,hidden:1
REG=interval:0,set:DisplayVersion,value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionDisplayVersion,display:%1,hidden:1
IF=value1:%DisplayVersion%,value2:,comparator:eq
REG=interval:0,set:DisplayVersion,value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionReleaseId,display:%1,hidden:1
TEXT=interval:0,color:ffdd99,text:Operating System,display:%WindowsVersion% |%MajorVersion%.%CurrentBuild%.%MinorBuild% (%DisplayVersion%)

Verses this:
OSBUILD2=interval:0,color:ffdd99,text:Operating System,display:%1 (%2)|%15.%17.%16 (%18)

I'd call that a vast improvement. Thanks Glenn!

ReplyQuote
Nathan_K
(@nathan_k)
Topic starter  

Darn, found a bug. Triple curly brackets "{{{ %variable }}}" don't work in OSBUILD2.

ReplyQuote
(@rtruss)
Trusted Member Registered

So tell me is any of you are seeing this. On initial load I get the first pic and then after it refreshes/reloads I get what I think should be correct. It also happens with previous versions and have not yet confirmed the behavior on other hardware, right now Surface book 3 is what I am on.

ReplyQuote
Nathan_K
(@nathan_k)
Topic starter  

I can honestly say I've never seen mine do that, but I've never tried it on a SurfaceBook either. It may have to do with the screen scaling. I always keep my systems at 100%, so I'm not a good test for that.

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

fixed.

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

I'll add the ProductName field from the registry so you can choose which one to use.

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

I don't have access to a Surface Pro so I don't have any way of addressing that. Windows scaling is an absolute nightmare and I'm regretting ever going down that rabbit hole.

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

Done. if the key ends with a * instead of a value name, then all values in the key are returned. eg.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersion*

that is, all string and integer values.

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

I might have accidentally found that bug. Fingers crossed!!

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

Finally got Win 11 installed on VirtualBox 6.1.28 using the following:

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=104042&p=507881&hilit=windows+11#p507881

Basically, there is a registry snippet on the Guest Additions iso that bypasses the machine check.

ReplyQuote
(@rtruss)

display:%1 vs display:%21

Windows 11 reports the respective variable like this
with %1
Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprise

with %21 aka:%productname% we get
Windows 10 Enterprise

I didn't notice this right away πŸ™ and now need to go back to multiple lines to remove Microsoft from the disaply as I'm trying to keep it short so it does not eat real estate on the screen. This I of course blam Microsoft for leaving dirty code in place but still sad. πŸ™

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

I didn't notice that at all.

ReplyQuote
(@rtruss)

I didn't either until last week.

ReplyQuote
(@sergeantpanda)
Active Member Registered

I just came across the same issue with Windows 11.

OSBUILD2 %1 shows up correctly but %21 shows as Windows 10 (for whatever reason the registry still shows 10)

I also wanted to remove Microsoft from the beginning of the OS name and was able to get around it by using REGEX to remove Microsoft. Hopefully this will help someone in the future. If there is a better way to accomplish this, I'd be happy to see it.

OSBUILD2=set:winosname=%1 winosversion=%18,regex:(Microsoft ),hidden:1
TEXT=text:OS,display:%winosname% - %winosversion%

ReplyQuote
(@arvis)
Eminent Member Registered

Any update to this? I have the same results as rtruss.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Glenn's Page