This little application displays system information on your desktop. Looks like wallpaper but stays resident in memory and updates in real time. Perfect for quick identification and walk-by monitoring of production or test server farms or any computer you’re responsible for. Uses very little memory and nearly zero cpu.
Everything is customisable including language.
- Display every kind of metric about your Windows system
- Extensive display and data formatting options
- Bar charts and line charts
- Monitor files, registry keys and event logs
- Custom WMI queries
- Command Shell queries
- Visual alerts
- Arithmetical expressions
- External command execution, Powershell etc
- Clickable controls
- Small memory footprint
- Low priority cpu
- Adjustable transparent background
- Fonts and colors configurable
- Pull data from http server
- Log raw data to csv files
- Display text from a file
- Display registry values
- Graphic Banner
- Screen saver
- Up to 9 pages of information
- Supports multi-display configurations
- Application logging to text file and/or Windows Event Logs
- Full multi-byte, Unicode multi language support
- Supports all Windows versions from 2000 onwards
- Comprehensive reference manual
- Much more…
You can leave bug reports and ideas in the discussion forum. If you have a translated language file you think could be useful to others, post it in the forum and I’ll include it in the next release. If you have any cool WMI queries that we can use post them on the forum.
Last Update: December 2019
If you find Desktop Info a valuable tool, you can support it by making a donation. This will help keep the project alive and healthy. Any amount large or small is welcome. Donations of $100 or more will be acknowledged on the Special Donors page to be set up shortly and also in the manual. You can use PayPal, your debit or credit card.