Clear all

All drivers unsigned on SDIO w11

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@buswedg)
New Member Registered
Topic starter  

I'm getting an issue where SDIO (latest version) is showing all available/ downloadable and currently installed drivers as unsigned. The drivers I currently have installed were pulled by Windows Updates. I'm on a windows 11 desktop machine.

Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

Hrm, Don't have a WIN11 machine lying around. I'll have to set one up to test. A VM doesn't do what I need to see what you're seeing. Should get on to that this week.

ReplyQuote
(@ochentay4)
New Member Registered

I can report the exact same thing, and I'm surprised no one reported this yet, excepto Darryl B. and me. All drivers shows as unsigned on ALL Win 11 PCs I tested.

ReplyQuote
(@0xdeadc0de55)
New Member Registered

It took me some weeks to register just to say that I have this problem since months.

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

I was able to look at this today. On the win11 box I used all installed and up to date drivers are seen as signed. Apparently all installed drivers where an update is available are not signed but the available drivers are signed.

Can anyone confirm and perhaps expand on this?

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

I have a developing theory which I can't verify but along the lines of something has changed in Win11 to do with driver signatures and if a driver is 'of a certain age' it will be deemed to be unsigned.

I ran SDIO on a recently reset Win 11 laptop, all windows installed drivers. Notice in the first pic the PCI express driver reports as unsigned. I then installed the update with SDIO and it now reports as signed.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hello, Do you have anything new? We are going to migrate our fleet to W11 this year and we are using Snappy Driver in addition to manufacturer tools. Thank you for your great tool 🙂

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

Posted by: @Anonymous

Hello, Do you have anything new? We are going to migrate our fleet to W11 this year and we are using Snappy Driver in addition to manufacturer tools. Thank you for your great tool 🙂

The unsigned thing is a Windows 11 issue as best I can tell.  Older drivers are showing up as unsigned. When you install newer drivers from either SDIO or OEM they will show as signed.  I think you'll be fine. If you're upgrading a fleet, you should start with one machine and make sure you can get it to a place you're happy with.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Just to chirp in, seeing the same issue here also. Though, all updated drivers (including some that would update to a Nov 2023 released driver) are showing as unsigned as well and thus not showing up until clicking the option to view "worse" drivers.

ReplyQuote
(@ryback64)
New Member Registered

Hi,

There is a major bug in SDIO when i use it on Windows 11.

I tried it under multiples natives PC with Windows 11.

The problem is the same with each of them.

SDIO say no drivers updates avaiable for this PCs.

When il launch Windows updates, there is a lot of drivers to update.

When il launch Dell Command Update, there is a lot of drivers to update.

When i download the drivers on the component manufacturer website manually theres is new drivers.

I saw that the most recent drivers are present in the drivers packs.

So what is exacly the problem with SDIO under Windows 11 i do not know ?

For example the last drivers for Realtek Ethernet PCIe are from march 2024 for Windows 11.

Problem is thesame for all drivers and manufacturers, no updates found by a SDIo on all my Windows 11 machines.

To compare i downgraded a batch of this PCs with Windows 10.

When i use SDIO on Windows 10 there is no problems, the updates are proposed and i can update drivers with SDIO.

Problem is the same with all brands i tested: Dell, HP, Asus, self made PCs.

If you need to do tests and screen captures, tell me exactly what you need, i can help.

Thank you for this app.

Best regards.

ReplyQuote
Glenn's Page