Clear all

is there a license?

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@mitiya)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

I'm trying to solve a problem with a package on chocolatey.
I want to put the zip directly into the package. This requires the text of the license. Is there something like that?

Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

From the manual:

License Agreement
This software is distributed free of charge. It may be used as many times as you like, for as long as you like, in a domestic or corporate environment. You may copy and distribute copies of this program provided that you keep all original documentation including this pdf file with copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty intact. You may not charge money or fees for the software product to anyone except to cover distribution costs.

Warranty
This program is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the program is with you. Should the program prove defective, you assume the cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction. In no event will the copyright holder be liable to you for damages, including any general, special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use or inability to use the program (including but not limited to loss of data or data being rendered inaccurate or losses sustained by you or third parties or a failure of the program to operate with any other programs).

ReplyQuote
(@mitiya)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

Thank you. And one more question. Why don't you use github to publish releases?

ReplyQuote
Glenn
(@glenn)
Member Admin

Why would I?

ReplyQuote
(@mitiya)
Active Member Registered
Topic starter  

release history.
easier to download.
easier to follow the release of the new version. Github has api.

ReplyQuote
Glenn's Page