WMI query incorrect display

Forums Desktop Info WMI query incorrect display

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Glenn Glenn 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Lucas

When using the Ethernet Nic Speed example from the manual,

WMI=active:1,interval:5,text:Ethernet Speed, namespace:root\cimv2,query:Win32_NetworkAdapter where Name like “%PCI-E%”,display:%Speed%[1.0B]Bps

if the cable is unplugged, it displays %Speed%[1.0B]Bps instead of <n/a>. Also when it is connected, it displays 1000MBps instead of 1GBps.

1+
  • #1663 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

I’ll check it out, thanks for the report.

• #1672 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

Fixed. Watch out for v1.16 in the next few weeks.

• #1886 Reply
    Lucas

The network speed is still displaying incorrectly when a cable is unplugged or wifi is disconnected in version 1.16.
    Where is should be displaying <n/a> it is now showing 9223372TBps. The last version that displayed this as expected was 1.13.

• #1888 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

Yes, I can see what you are seeing. I believe DTI is accurately showing the results from WMI. Check with WMI Explorer to see what it shows you for the same query.

The thing to do is to filter out those entries with the where clause. Something like this:

query:Win32_NetworkAdapter where Name like “%PCI-E%” and NetConnectionStatus = 2

There might be a way to make that particular value display as zero, i haven’t figured that out yet.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Glenn Glenn.
Reply To: WMI query incorrect display
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!