Windows 10 rev 2004 and DTI

Forums Desktop Info Windows 10 rev 2004 and DTI

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve been running DTI 2.6.1(newest version) for a while now, with very little issues. Recently MS updated windows 10 to the 2004 build and DTI seems to be affected. When it does poll the system to display any thing i have, its at least 45 minutes later, and in most cases over an hour. The Time is where i noticed it first, being incorrect compared to the taskbar clock. I also opened up task manager to see that network, cpu’s, memory, and hdd’s were properly showing their respective info. Has any one else updated to Win 10 2004 and have this same problem?
      Please let me know what other information you might need, and i will happily get it for you. I’m currently using the advanced sample that comes with the install, with a few line commented out that i dont need. Thanks Again.

• #3163 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

Today I updated one of my test boxes to 2004 and DTI 2.6.1 seems to be fine. The reason the time is behind for you is because one or more of the items is taking an inordinate amount of time to complete. There is another report recently of a box taking a long time for wmi items to complete, in the order of 20 minutes. I’d be interested to know if this is the case for you.

To test this, comment out all items in your ini file except the first datetime item. It should run normally. Now, one by one, add back each successive item and watch the resulting performance until it stops working correctly. This will highlight which items are failing to complete.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by GlennGlenn.
    • #3165 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster
Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Windows 10 rev 2004 and DTI
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!