ver. 3.0 on large Display

Forums Desktop Info ver. 3.0 on large Display

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      markusmoench
      Participant

Hi there, I´m not sure if someone noticed the size problem on version 3.0:

When started on a PC with large pixel resolution (larger than 1920×1200), the width seems to be in half.
      Refer to attached screenshot from an Surface 4 device.
      That doesnt change when altering the Zoom level.

Is there any other user who noticed the same behavior?

best regards
      Markus

Glenn
      Keymaster

how does that compare to version 2?

markusmoench
      Participant

Version 2.11 is displaying the info panel like normal.
      After replacing the exe it shows this unusual behavior

Glenn
        Keymaster

what does normal look like? please post your ini file.

markusmoench
      Participant

Hi there, normal look is like in attachment
      in addition I share my ini file with you

markusmoench
      Participant

Sorry, I tried to attach the *.ini file and got an >>Upload Errors: desktopinfo3.ini: Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.<<
      Another attempt to just put the ini in the reply field failed too, please advise how to transmit the file

Glenn
      Keymaster

nothing comes to mind except perhaps the font scaling? add “.txt” to the extension.

markusmoench
      Participant

Trying to attach the ini as a zipped file now.

Attachments:
        Glenn
        Keymaster

The problem is scaling. The Surface Pro has a higher than normal DPI which has the effect of setting the scaling up on a PC. I’ll see if I can add some dpi aware code to get the scaling right.

Edit: Well I’ve learnt a bit about how the scaling works. It turns out the fonts were being scaled automatically but the form wasn’t, so we end up with half a display. I’ve added some code to scale up the form size as appropriate.

Here’s a before and after shot.

• This reply was modified 1 day, 22 hours ago by Glenn.
        Attachments:
      rtruss
      Participant

I had not noticed it until your post and I think it may only be the released version of di. I will have to compare. All 3.x versions open up and are not where I am telling them to be. Once I switch to a different page it shows up normal and in the corner where I want it. I have attached my ini as well for ref.

2.11.0 clearly does not like something in my ini for 3.0 but initial load is in the expected spot.

resolution is 1920×1080 (recommended for the display I am using)
      scale is 100%

Pics are from WIN11 Dev but also compared to my other win 10 machines and all have the same results.

Glenn
        Keymaster

Well I can see dpi/scaling is also an issue for you so the next release should help. I still haven’t seen the odd position when it first starts.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Glenn's Page