Translate the Web Site

Forums Desktop Info Translate the Web Site

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar V0id3dLif3 3 days ago.

• Author
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

I would like to offer this web site to non-English speaking visitors. Can you help me translate it? There’s not much to do, it’s a small site. If you can translate a page or offer improvements on any of the pages please reply here.

我想向非英语访客提供这个网站。 你能帮我翻译一下吗? 没什么可做的,这是一个小网站。 如果您可以在任何页面上翻译页面或提供改进,请在此处回复。

Me gustaría ofrecer este sitio web a los visitantes que no hablan inglés. ¿Puedes ayudarme a traducirlo? No hay mucho que hacer, es un sitio pequeño. Si puede traducir una página u ofrecer mejoras en cualquiera de las páginas, responda aquí.

أود أن أقدم هذا الموقع الإلكتروني للزائرين الذين لا يتحدثون الإنجليزية. هل يمكنك مساعدتي في ترجمتها؟ ليس هناك الكثير للقيام به ، إنه موقع صغير. إذا كنت تستطيع ترجمة صفحة أو تقديم تحسينات على أي من الصفحات ، فيرجى الرد هنا.

Eu gostaria de oferecer este site para visitantes que não falam inglês. Você pode me ajudar a traduzi-lo? Não há muito a fazer, é um site pequeno. Se você puder traduzir uma página ou oferecer melhorias em qualquer uma das páginas, responda aqui.

আমি অ ইংরেজি ভাষাভাষী দর্শকদের এই ওয়েব সাইট দিতে চাই। আপনি আমাকে অনুবাদ করতে সাহায্য করতে পারেন? অনেক কিছু করার নেই, এটি একটি ছোট সাইট। আপনি যদি কোন পৃষ্ঠায় অনুবাদ করতে পারেন বা কোন পৃষ্ঠায় উন্নতির প্রস্তাব দিতে পারেন তবে দয়া করে এখানে উত্তর দিন।

Я хотел бы предложить этот сайт не говорящим по-английски посетителям. Можете ли вы помочь мне перевести это? Делать особо нечего, это маленький сайт. Если вы можете перевести страницу или предложить улучшения на любой из страниц, пожалуйста, ответьте здесь.

このWebサイトを英語を話さない訪問者に提供したいと思います。 あなたが私がそれを翻訳するのを手伝ってもらえますか? やるべきことはあまりありません、それは小さなサイトです。 あなたがページを翻訳することができるか、またはページのどれかの上で改善を提供することができるならば、ここに答えてください。

ਮੈਂ ਗੈਰ-ਅੰਗਰੇਜ਼ੀ ਬੋਲਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਦਰਸ਼ਕਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਇਹ ਵੈਬਸਾਈਟ ਪੇਸ਼ ਕਰਨਾ ਚਾਹੁੰਦਾ ਹਾਂ. ਕੀ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਇਸਦਾ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਵਿੱਚ ਮੇਰੀ ਮਦਦ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ ਹੋ? ਅਜਿਹਾ ਕਰਨ ਲਈ ਬਹੁਤ ਕੁਝ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ, ਇਹ ਇੱਕ ਛੋਟੀ ਜਿਹੀ ਸਾਈਟ ਹੈ. ਜੇ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਪੰਨੇ ਦਾ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ ਹੋ ਜਾਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਵੀ ਪੰਨੇ ‘ਤੇ ਸੁਧਾਰ ਪੇਸ਼ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ ਹੋ ਤਾਂ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਇੱਥੇ ਜਵਾਬ ਦਿਉ.

मैं इस वेब साइट को गैर-अंग्रेजी बोलने वाले आगंतुकों को प्रदान करना चाहूंगा। क्या आप इसका अनुवाद करने में मेरी मदद कर सकते हैं? करने के लिए बहुत कुछ नहीं है, यह एक छोटी सी साइट है। यदि आप किसी पृष्ठ का अनुवाद कर सकते हैं या किसी पृष्ठ पर सुधार की पेशकश कर सकते हैं तो कृपया यहाँ उत्तर दें।

J’aimerais proposer ce site Web à des visiteurs ne parlant pas anglais. Pouvez-vous m’aider à le traduire? Il n’y a pas grand chose à faire, c’est un petit site. Si vous pouvez traduire une page ou proposer des améliorations sur l’une de ces pages, veuillez répondre ici.

Ich möchte diese Website nicht englischsprachigen Besuchern anbieten. Können Sie mir helfen, es zu übersetzen? Es gibt nicht viel zu tun, es ist eine kleine Seite. Wenn Sie eine Seite übersetzen oder Verbesserungen auf einer der Seiten anbieten können, antworten Sie bitte hier.

• This topic was modified 5 days, 13 hours ago by Glenn Glenn.
  • #1840 Reply
    V0id3dLif3

Don’t know if this helps you out or not, from what I gather from your post is your looking to offer the site in other languages.

heres some research I did for you maybe it will help you out.

Multi-lingual Web Pages

Ben Schroeder
    Ben Schroeder
    22,810 Points
    on Aug 3, 2016
    I assume you want to allow the user to toggle between different languages? The simplest solution is, of course, to make entirely separate pages for each language. (For instance, if you have an “About Us” page in English, you could do an entirely separate “About Us” page in Arabic.)

You could include every version of your content (the English version, the Arabic version, etc.) in different elements on the same page, and use something like jQuery to hide or show these elements based on user interaction. For instance, you could have one <div> with the English text, and one <div> with the Arabic text. You could write some quick jQuery code that would hide the English <div> and show the Arabic <div> when a user says they want to read your website in Arabic.

There are other methods you could use too… mostly involving JavaScript or a back-end language.

If you want allow users to be able to select almost any language and get a (very rough) automatic translation, you could look into the Google Translate API.

Edit: I should also note a few things for languages like Arabic specifically. When using Arabic, you want to use CSS to make the font size larger than you would for English text. You’ll also definitely want to take advantage of the CSS direction property.

Alistair Holmes
    Alistair Holmes
    11,571 Points
    on Aug 3, 2016
    The primary language of the page should correspond with the human language of the page. So if you want English or Arabic for a page, you will have to add the lang attribute to the html start tag. . .`<!–For English–>

<html lang=”en”>

<!–For Arabic–>

<html lang=”ar”> `

RougeRedWired Hi,

The best way to create a multi-language website is to translate the pages and serve those pages depending on the origin of the user coming to your website.
    So the structure you have adopted: one folder per language is good. Don’t change it.

For more information about multi-language websites take a look here:

how to build multiple language website using pure html, js, jquery?

• #1843 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

Interesting discussion. However it’s not the mechanics of building a multi-lingual web site I’m concerned with but rather the actual language translations.

Do you speak Arabic?

• #1846 Reply
    V0id3dLif3

Oh no lol I’m only english ;p.

But if it’s translation you are worried about, I took every paragraph from your first post and ran them through Google Translate. Every one came out with no errors in what it was translated to via English.

example page

• #1847 Reply
    V0id3dLif3

Here we go I knew there was an easy way of doing this. you can delete my post before this one

so I just added a translation to my site with just adding this to my navbar and body. everything in bold is what I added to my index.html within the body tag. now I normally put scripts all the way at the bottom of my body tag.

<nav class="navbar navbar-expand-md navbar-dark bg-dark">
              <a class="navbar-brand" href="#">SystemTechnique</a>
              <strong><div class="collapse navbar-collapse justify-content-end" id="google_translate_element"></div></strong>
            </nav><br />

<strong><script type="text/javascript">
            function googleTranslateElementInit() {
              new google.translate.TranslateElement({pageLanguage: 'en'}, 'google_translate_element');
            }
            </script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="//translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit>
            </script></strong>

if you go to my site SystemTechnique.Net on the right of my navbar will be a selection box allowing you to trans late the page in every language available by google.

• #1848 Reply
    V0id3dLif3

Sorry delete this after reading, I had broke the script so my site went down. its now fixed with the translator working, if you clicked before you saw this. no edit button so I can’t just edit my last.

• #1849 Reply
    V0id3dLif3

Sorry just want to make sure you have the right code, as I think that is the copy that broke my site for a sec.

`

<!– Start Nav –>

<nav class=”navbar navbar-expand-md navbar-dark bg-dark”>
    SystemTechnique
    <div class=”collapse navbar-collapse justify-content-end” id=”google_translate_element”></div>
    </nav><br />

<!– End Nav –>

<!– Google Translate –>

<script type=”text/javascript”>
    function googleTranslateElementInit() {
    new google.translate.TranslateElement({pageLanguage: ‘en’}, ‘google_translate_element’);
    }
    </script>

<script type=”text/javascript” src=”//translate.google.com/translate_a/element.js?cb=googleTranslateElementInit”>
    </script>

<!– End Google Translate –>

Reply To: Translate the Web Site
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!