text-align affects both columns

Forums Desktop Info text-align affects both columns

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi
      I Had been using an older version (2.3) and right-aligning the LEFT col to make the 2 columns ‘meet in the middle’
      As in DTI-1.png attached.
      However, from 2.4.1 onwards, it seems that the text-align option now applies to BOTH columns – the docs refer it to affecting the LEFT col only.
      As in DTI-2 attached.
      I have tried all combinations, and it does seem that the option does now (incorrectly?) apply to both cols.

Participant

Oops, sorry, left off the ini file – the same one is used in both versions
      (note that this forum text wraps the longer code lines)

————————-
      # Short Config File

[options]
      # size and position
      top=0
      right=0
      width=400
      text-align=1

# font
      font-face=Arial
      font-size=14

# navigation buttons
      nav=0

[items]
      # page 1 key kvm hard coded per machine
      SET=key:kvm,value:1
      HOST=set:hostname,hidden:1
      USER=set:username,hidden:1
      HOST=color:DDDDDD,text-color:88FFFF,text-align:1,font-size:140%,row-text:%kvm%,display:%1
      NETWORKINTERFACES=color:aaaaaa,text-align:1,ipv4list:%8,operstatus:1,iftype:6,text:loc,display:%25
      HTTPGET=color:aaaaaa,text-align:1,text:ext,source:https://myexternalip.com/raw
      ———————–

GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

yes, you’re right. I don’t think I had that in mind given the manual thinks it should only effect the left column. I was trying to improve the RTL language support but I’m not sure anyone cares about that, I’ve had no feedback at all.

There are several options for color: COLOR and TEXT-COLOR at the global and item level. If only COLOR is used that applies to both left and right columns. If TEXT-COLOR is used that overrides the color for the left column.

I will take the same approach for text alignment. A new option ALIGN will apply to both left and right column text. If TEXT-ALIGN is used that will override the alignment for the left column.

+1
      Participant

Thanks Glenn. Was hoping you would come up with that!
      A

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Glenn's Page