SDIO can not connect to the internet

Forums Snappy Driver Installer Origin SDIO can not connect to the internet

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Somehow SDIO can not connect to the internet. Windows firewall is allowed. The computer is in a corporate domainnetwork with a proxy. Does SDIO contact some shady website (torrent) that is possibly blocked by the proxy-people?

• #3057 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

SDIO uses torrent technology to do it’s updates. Unfortunately some people conflate torrent with illegal activity and so it doesn’t surprise me that some corporate domains block torrent traffic.

• #3058 Reply

Thanx for the reply. Can you give me something i can tell the proxy-people to unblock?

• #3066 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

If the network crew has blocked torrents, they’ll know how to unblock it. You can adjust the port used on the Options dialog, Updates page. Go there to see what port it’s using and change it if you need to. I’ve heard of some people using port 80 in extreme circumstances.
      You can also switch off automatic updates from here.

If they don’t want to help out, trying to circumvent the restrictions won’t end well. You might be better off keeping a portable drive and updating it offsite once a month.

Attachments:
    • #3075 Reply

Thanx for the info. Keeping the drivers on a portable drive is probably the way to go.

• #3193 Reply

It is a rather common thing to block torrents, We are an IT services company, and we do.
      This looks like it would be perfect to run after an MDT install, so as not to cause gigantic MDT images.

Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: SDIO can not connect to the internet
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!