Screen saver functionality question

Forums Desktop Info Screen saver functionality question

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by GlennGlenn.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      rtrussrtruss
      Participant

So now that I got DTI working with this latest version (thanks a ton Glenn for this app!) I ended up building a few config files based on mfg to handle scaling issues but I am happy with the overall results. Microsoft Surface devices really seem to be a bear to deal with compared to the Lenovo and dell models. Have not yet tried on a Panasonic. Anyway I now want to start exploring the use of the screensaver but it does not seem to move around the screen when active. Am I missing something? Below is the config I made for it and all it does is just sit at the top middle of the screen.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this as I would like to present this to management soon.

screen saver config file:

[Screen-Saver]
        monitor-mode=0
        inimonitortime=10
        ignore-setting-change=0
        #font-charset=1
        #font-face=Arial
        font-size=18
        #Font-quality=5
        auto-scale=0
        width=660

[text]
        noresults=<n/a>
        error=[error]
        null-result=<null>
        unknown=Unknown

[items]
        # colors
        set=key:White,value:#ffffff
        set=key:Grey,value:#909090
        set=key:Cyan,value:#00ffff
        set=key:Magenta,value:#ff00ff
        set=key:Green,value:#00ff00
        set=key:Orange,value:#ffd000
        set=key:Yellow,value:#ffff00
        set=key:Silver,value:#d0d0d0
        set=key:Blue,value:#0000f0
        set=key:Red,value:#ff0000

############################################################################################################
        COMMENT=color:%White%,style:ib,text:Desktop Info
        HOST
        USER
        DOMAIN=hide-no-result:1
        OSBUILD2=color:%orange%,text:Operating System,display:%1 (%18)
        TIMEZONE
        DATETIME=color:ffdd99,interval:1,text:Current Time,display:%1[dddd] %2[1.0d] %3[mmmm] %4[yyyy]\, %5[1.0a]:%6[2.0d] %5[2.0P]
        BOOTTIME=display:%1[dddd] %2 %3[mmmm] %4[yyyy]\, %10
        UPTIME=interval:60,display:%1 days %2 hrs %3 mins
        NETWORKINTERFACES=interval:30,activeonly:1,operstatus:1,iftype:6 23 71 243,display:%8,friendlyfilter:-virtual

# Virtual devices need none of this

# Start Lenovo units need this line
        #WMI=Text:Model Name,namespace:root\cimv2,query:Win32_ComputerSystemProduct,display:%Version%
        # End Lenovo units need this line

WMI=Text:Model Number,namespace:root\cimv2,query:Win32_ComputerSystem,display:%Model%
        WMI=Text:Serial Number,namespace:root\cimv2,query:Win32_Bios,display:%SerialNumber%

# End virtual section

PHYSICALRAM=interval:5,threshold:90,tcolor:0000FF,display:%1[3.1B]B / %2[3.1B]B (%3% used)
        LOGICALDRIVES=interval:10,diskio:1,row-text:Drive %1: (%2)|%3,display:%6[1.0B]B/%5[1.0B]B (%7[1.1f]% used)

GlennGlenn
        Keymaster

if you mean does it bounce around the screen like the old style screen savers? no it doesn’t do that. The whole screen saver thing is a misnomer these days cos we don’t *need* toys to stop screen burn in. We like to have something display when we’re not using the computer or when it auto-locks. That’s what we’re doing here. Btw, you can add “centerv=1” to get it centered.

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Glenn's Page