Scaling with 4K (or high resolution) Displays

Forums Desktop Info Scaling with 4K (or high resolution) Displays

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim PTim P
      Participant

Hello!

I am writing to ask about 4K displays and the desktopinfo app appearing to be very small. auto-scale set to 0 or 1 does not resolve it. But, increasing the font size does. But in a purely imaged environment, this is difficult as it isn’t homogeneous. How can we make it appear to have the same size regardless of display resolution? Or, do we truly need different INI files based on the resolution of the device being imaged?

Tim PTim P
      Participant

Windows version – Windows 10 21H2
      Product version – Latest
      INI – Attached as zip.

Attachments:
      webmasterwebmaster
      Keymaster

i don’t believe i have access to such a display. what kind of pixel resolution are we talking about?

Tim PTim P
      Participant

So, it is particularly small with displays at 3840×2160 (4k). For 2k (2048×1080) it is decent, at best. Our institution may be able to send a higher resolution display your way, if absolutely necessary.

webmasterwebmaster
      Keymaster

The auto-scale is not the answer. That is for adjusting to accommodate Windows magnification.

I think the correct answer is adjusting the font-size according to the screen resolution. You can do this in one ini file using the BEGIN-ONLOAD … END-ONLOAD block.

Tim PTim P
      Participant

So, I finally got my hands on a 4K display. If I add that code block under [items], it results in a bunch of <n/a> at the top of the window. If I place the code block under [options], the <n/a> disappears. In both scenarios, the font size doesn’t change. I tried changing the fontsize value for each resolution, and saving the INI, but the reload of the application results in no difference in font size. Is there a way to tell what value the application holds for MONITOR=set:resx=%4?

webmasterwebmaster
      Keymaster

add the following debug line after the END-ONLOAD

TEXT=text:res %resx%,display:font %fontsize%

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Glenn's Page