Runtime error 217 at 00048C3B

Forums Desktop Info Runtime error 217 at 00048C3B

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gustavo 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

Gustavo

Hi Glenn,
    Getting an error when I start DesktopInfo for the first time in a computer: “Runtime error 217 at 00048C3B”.

DesktopInfo version: 1.10.2
    Windows version: Windows Server 2016 full patched
    .ini and .log files are not created

The program runs without any problem in other Windows Server 2016 computers. Any idea what could it be?
    Thanks in advance, and thanks for your efforts and software.
    Gr.,
    Gustavo

• #1072 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

Greetings,

Switch on log-level=debug in the ini file while testing.

Does it throw the error as soon as it runs? Is there a full or partial display?

Try disabling items in the ini file until it stops throwing the error.

If you get a log file with the errors, post it here.

Cheers

• #1080 Reply

Gustavo

Hi Glenn,
    No success, no log file generated, no partial display, nothing, just direct the error window immediately after start. For my feeling, the software starts directly getting the error, and it has no chance to event start logging. Worst of that, normally, when the program starts, it creates a working copy of the desktopinfo-sample.ini (if I understand it good), but this also doesn’t happen. I know it is a hard one, and most probably a kind of conflict somewhere in this server, because it works flawless in other similar servers, but I think it is also an interesting one to solve. Let me know if you want to run any kind of debugging tool to try to trace the problem. Unfortunately, I cannot give you access to the server, but for the rest, most probably I can run other software to help if necessary.
    DesktopInfo Error 217
    Thanks,
    Gustavo

• #1081 Reply

Gustavo

Hi. If it helps, a dump of the error window in http://www.gavd.net/servers/files/images/2018/desktopinfoerror01.png
    Gr,
    Gustavo

• #1082 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

are all the servers the same build of Windows?

• #1085 Reply

Gustavo

Yes, they are. All of them virtualized and full patched.

• #1088 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

Ok. I guess there must be some difference because one behaves differently to the others.

Error 217 is often associated with problems with static linking of Windows DLLs. I’ve come across this issue in a couple of places recently. Let’s see if the next release solves your problem.

• #1096 Reply

Gustavo

Fair enough for me. Thanks for your efforts. If I can help in any way, let me know. Looking forward for the new version.

Reply To: Runtime error 217 at 00048C3B
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!