remote display size refresh

Forums Desktop Info remote display size refresh

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Brian

I was wondering how I might be able to refresh the positioning after I resize a remote display? For example, I am using VMware Horizon client to access the remote desktop. I am positioning the Desktop Info near the clock, so it will be off the screen if I resize the remote session window to a smaller size than when I originally launched the remote session. Thank you for creating this awesome application.

GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

What version of DesktopInfo? Make sure you have v1.80.
      If the actual desktop changes size then DTI should get a notification to redraw itself. I’d be interested to know if it doesn’t. That would tell me there’s some difference between a local desktop and a remote desktop of which I am not aware.

Brian

Glenn,
      I do have v1.80 on Windows 10. So when I connect a session and it opens in a window, the DTI info is displayed in the expected location, in the area just above the system tray. If I then maximize the window, or grab the corner and resize the window, the Windows 10 desktop resizes itself to fit the new screen size. But DTI doesn’t refresh itself to move to the new location. If I edit the .INI file, then DTI will refresh. The DTI doesn’t appear to be refreshing automatically when I resize the Horizon Client session window. Do you have any further suggestions?

GlennGlenn
        Keymaster

ok. That tells me something, I’m not sure what. I obviously need to spend some time on this to understand what is happening. I don’t have Horizon so I’ll just be working with Windows Remote Desktop. Did you try the right click Refresh option? which I suppose is only useful if you can see DTI.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘remote display size refresh’ is closed to new replies.
Glenn's Page