Problems with drivers on Windows XP

Forums Snappy Driver Installer Origin Problems with drivers on Windows XP

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bench FoxBench Fox
      Participant

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55D-C laptop. It originally ran Windows 10 but I found out it had drivers for Windows XP so I installed that yesterday. And yes, most drivers (with the help of SDIO) did install and work just fine, save for 3.

The display adapter (AMD Radeon R3 Graphics) doesn’t install properly. It starts installing and then gets stuck on a command prompt. I end up having to uninstall the driver via safe mode to be able to boot normally to the desktop. As for the other two, I haven’t been able to find either the network adapter (AMD PSP 1.0 Device) or the Bluetooth adapter (Bluetooth v4.0 Module) on SDIO.

How and where can I find these two drivers and how can I find a display driver that works properly?

Bench FoxBench Fox
      Participant

Update: I managed to sort out the Bluetooth adapter!

webmasterwebmaster
      Keymaster

I’m a bit slow responding here but it’s great you got that sorted. In answer to your question, if SDIO doesn’t have an appropriate driver for your hardware then you need to visit the OEM support site, in this case Toshiba. If they don’t have anything for your model and operating system then you’re reduced to experimenting to find the next closest that will work for you. Sometimes the OEM simply stops supporting older models and you’re outa luck.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Glenn's Page