position is being ignored

Forums Desktop Info position is being ignored

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Glenn Glenn 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Nathan

hey glenn really appreciate the work you have put into this project, im trying to replace our bginfo application at the hospital i work at but i need it to be a seamless copy of what we are already using. i really like that this dynamically updates but the program seems to be ignoring the configurations i put in for positions i need it in the bottom right hand side but it always stays top right i also need this displayed on every monitor that is connected also in the bottom right hand side so the user can always minimize any screen and get the needed info.

also the characters seem to go off the screen if i set the font to high, is there a way to correct this as well? tried using negative values on the positioning but again it seems to be ignored.

thanks again for all the work youve done so far.

windows 10 enterprise
    Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063
    DesktopInfo1160 Version: 1.16

ini file

[options]

monitor-mode=1
    right=0
    bottom=0
    column1width=-1

# Interface
    contextmenu=0
    allowdrag=0
    formcolor=FFFFFF
    transparency=0

# font
    font-face=Arial
    font-size=18
    font-charset=1
    font-rtl=0
    ssfontsize=16

# logging
    log=desktopinfo.log
    log-level-info

[text]
    noresults=<n/a>
    error=[error]
    null-result=<null>

[pages]
    1=Main Page
    2=
    3=
    4=
    5=
    6=
    7=
    8=
    9=

[items]

# page 1 – Hostname
    COMMENT=active:1,color:#0345A9,style:iwb,text:Hostname,lid:Hostname
    HOST=active:1,color:#0089CA,text:Host/User,display:%1
    UPTIME=active:1,interval:1,set:uptime,display:%1d :%2h :%3m :%4s

# page 1 – network
    COMMENT=active:1,color:#0345A9,style:iwb,text:IP Address,lid:IP Address
    NETWORKINTERFACES=active:1,color:#0089CA,interval:30,operstatus:1,ipv4list:%8/%10|,display:%25

• #1739 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

It seems to have a (sometimes) problem with resetting it’s position after a config change. I notice that once I set the position I want in the config (and it doesn’t go where it should), I restart DTI and it goes to the right spot. I’ll raise a bug and get that fixed.

It can’t do multiple displays (i’m not even sure that’s a thing but I’ll investigate) so you need to choose which monitor it will display on.

I notice you have monitor-mode=1 which is virtual screen mode. If you want to target a specific monitor your should set monitor-mode=0 and monitor-num to be the monitor you want where 0 is the primary monitor.

The display will get truncated if there is more data than space to display it. Set the width to something greater and it will grow in from the right hand side.

Reply To: position is being ignored
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!