Position Display Info on screen with multi monitors

Forums Desktop Info Position Display Info on screen with multi monitors

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have 2 monitors. Both set to maximum resolution. No dpi scaling (set to 100%).

Scenario ‘A’: the primary monitor is UHD on the left, and my secondary monitor is HD on the right.

Scenario ‘B’: the primary monitor is HD on the right, and my secondary monitor is UHD on the left.

with scenario ‘A’ I am able to successfully position DesktopInfo near the right edge of my UHD monitor by using right=15. I do not use monitor-mode nor monitor-num. It just works.

with scenario ‘B’ DesktopInfo always displays at the far right of my HD monitor. That is not the desired monitor. I want DesktopInfo to display near the right edge of my UHD monitor with scenario ‘B’. I read the help file and tried every reasonable combination possible for monitor-mode and monitor-num values. Changing these values does not seem to do anything.

Any suggestions?

Windows 10 pro 64-bit latest updates
      DesktopInfo 230, 231

• #2587 Reply

I have this working using monitor-mode=1 and left=3820.

Using monitor-mode=1 and monitor-num=1 does not seem to do anything (it displays on my primary monitor). I expected with monitor-num=1 and right=15 that it would appear on my secondary monitor, but I never got it to work and gave up. Not sure if that is a bug or I’m doing something wrong and I am misinterpreting the documentation.

• #2594 Reply
        GlennGlenn
        Keymaster

if monitor-mode=0 then monitor-num will select a single monitor where 0 is the primary monitor.
        if monitor-mode=1 then monitor-num is not used as the virtual screen encompasses all monitors.

• #2589 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

if you haven’t set monitor-mode or monitor-num then the only monitor that exists for DTI is the primary monitor. Whatever position you set is always on the primary monitor. If you want to make use of the virtual screen space which includes the secondary monitor, you should set monitor-mode=1. The top,left,bottom,right will now be relative to the virtual screen space rather than just the primary monitor. You also need to pay attention to the screen positioning in Windows Display Settings.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by GlennGlenn.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Position Display Info on screen with multi monitors
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!