pnf file to insert a logo

Forums Desktop Info pnf file to insert a logo

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar mitoba 1 hour, 55 minutes ago.

• Author
    mitoba

Hi friends,

I’ve inserted a pnf file to insert a logo above of the info, but my logo shows a white border althought my logo is transparent.

Why it could be?

Regards.

• #2253 Reply
    mitoba

Sorry, i’ve typed PNF instead of PNG.

Regards.

• #2254 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

perhaps you can attach the logo.

• #2255 Reply
    mitoba

Hi,

I attach the link with the logo.

Regards.

https://gmvdrive.gmv.com/index.php/s/bMFYSiQBAskZ7si

• #2256 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

the effect you’re seeing is the result of anti-aliasing a transparent image. when you load the image into an editor and zoom right in, you’ll see the edge pixels are partially transparent. Those partially transparent pixels are showing up as white when DTI renders them.

Now, I haven’t studied the code yet so I can’t say if that’s something I can do anything about. I’ll update you when I know more.

• #2260 Reply
    mitoba

Thanks a lot. Keep in wait.

• #2261 Reply
    MistaMule

I had this problem. Try remaking your logo with a black background (or whatever your DTI background colour) but NOT transparent. Let DTI deal with the transparency.
    MM

2+
    • #2263 Reply
      Glenn
      Glenn
      Keymaster

That works too! I would never have thought of that 🙂

• #2264 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

The white pixels are created during resizing and is seemingly an unavoidable consequence of resizing anti-aliased transparent images. I’ve added code to skip resizing if both logo-width and logo-height are zero.

So now you have two options: make the background black as MistaMule mentions or make it the desired size so no resizing is done.

• #2298 Reply
      mitoba

Hi Glenn,

What’s the code for no resizing the logo?

Regards.

• #2269 Reply
    MistaMule

Glenn, I believe that png graphics format has a background colour value in its header.
    As long as the logo file does not have a transparent background then DTI can display it correctly. My logo file has black background; I changed DTI to RED background and 25% transparency and the display was correct, background was all RED.
    Tried to attach an image but I don’t have a public website.
    Glenn, If you send me your e-mail address I’ll send some screen shots.
    MM

• #2270 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

There’s a button down below to attach files labelled “Browse”

• #2271 Reply
    MistaMule

Glenn,
    Cann’t see one labelled “Browse”! I can see b,i,link,b-quote,del,img,ul,ol,li,code,close tags.
    I tried img but it asked for URL of image.
    MM

• #2272 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

do you see the button below?

Attachments:
  • #2275 Reply
    MistaMule

Glenn, Your attachment was too small to read. I have sent the screen dumps to your support e-mail address.
    I guess you think I’m a bit stupid but the only buttons I have on this screen are b,i,link,b-quote,del,img,ul,ol,li,code,close tags and 3 boxes for Name, Mail and Website and at the bottom SUBMIT.
    I would send a screen print but ….

MM

• #2278 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

You need to be a registered user.

• #2283 Reply
    bobplester
    Participant

Glenn,
    Didn’t think about loggin in as a registered user.
    Following on from my post on 14 November, 2019 at 7:02 am attached (hopefully) is an image of DTI to RED background and 25% transparency.
    MM

• #2286 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

I still see a black edge around the image.

• #2291 Reply
    bobplester
    Participant

Glenn, Attached are 2 file. File DTI_composite_4rr.png shows my DTI before and after reading Mitoba’s post. File DTI_page1.png shows DTI after removing yellow line at the bottom of my logo file.
    Now I admit that the final version may not be perfect but IMHO it is an improvement on what I had at the start.
    Regards, Bob

Reply To: pnf file to insert a logo
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!