Password Expiration

Forums Desktop Info Password Expiration

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Anyone know why this doesn’t work or could provide an alternative? I searched the forums and saw the vbs, but we would prefer not to use that if possible.

WMI=active:1,namespace:root\CIMV2,query:Win32_NetworkLoginProfile,display:%PasswordExpires%

• #3156 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

Seems to be throwing an access violation. I’ll look into it.

• #3158 Reply
      Participant

Thank you! We got it to work with Sysinternals BGInfo using “SELECT PasswordExpires FROM Win32_NetworkLoginProfile” but we prefer desktopinfo

• #3159 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

Found it. Fixed in the next release. It seems the bug was mangling any wmi query with a date/time field.

• #3194 Reply
      Participant

The date comes back correctly now, but for some reason when is displays it does so twice, the first time as null. Do I have the correct query?

WMI=active:1,text:Password Expires on, namespace:root\CIMV2, query:Win32_NetworkLoginProfile,display:%PasswordExpires_month%/%PasswordExpires_day%/%PasswordExpires_year%

• #3196 Reply
        GlennGlenn
        Keymaster

Most likely there are multiple accounts, such as system account. Add “row-text:%Caption%” to see the account names.

You could also add a where clause to reduce the accounts returned:
        query:Win32_NetworkLoginProfile where UserType=”Normal Account”

• #3198 Reply
      Participant

Win32_NetworkLoginProfile where UserType=”Normal Account” did the trick. Thank you so much!

1+
Viewing 5 reply threads
Reply To: Password Expiration
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!