Network Adapters

Forums Desktop Info Network Adapters

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Glenn Glenn 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Jason

18 September, 2018 at 11:59 am
    Can you explain how you loop through the info for Network Adapters; and indicate if we should be able to add text information for each adapter?

My goal is to have the IP and Subnet on one line:
    192.168.1.1 / 255.255.255.0
    If I add set:ipaddress and set:subnetmask at the end of the lines, I would expect to be able to write:
    TEXT=active:1,interval:0,color:ffdd99,text:IP / SM,display:%ipaddress%/%subnet%
    but it doesn’t work.

In fact, no matter what I do with a text= entry, it shows up one time after all of the network adapters. This makes me think you have hard coded the network adapters loop to only accommodate certain fields, text not being included.

Thanks for your very awesome utility, I spent hours searching for this, I am so happy to have found it!!!!!

• #592 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

You’re right. The Network Adapters and Fixed Disk items are a closed loop with hard coded fields and they can’t do the kind of thing you want.
    However, you’ll be happy to know that I’m currently testing the next release which can do exactly what you want. This screenshot shows the network adapters with subnet mask:

This screenshot shows the network adapters with subnet class:

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Glenn Glenn.
    • #594 Reply

Jason

Jason
      19 September, 2018 at 1:47 pm
      Thank you! That first screen shot is exactly what I was trying to accomplish!

• #596 Reply
        Glenn
        Glenn
        Keymaster

It’s all about parents and children. The NETWORKADAPTER item is a parent item and it has a very specific list of child items: IPADDRESS, SUBNETMASK, GATEWAY etc. TEXT is not a child of NETWORKADAPTER so it can’t be a part of the family.

The next version still has that parent/child thing so we can’t randomly create those relationships. What it does is make more values available with each item result. IPADDRESS, for example, returns IP address, subnet mask, subnet class and mac address. For that item we can choose which of those we want to display.

Reply To: Network Adapters
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!