Line after IF statement is displayed for some users

Forums Desktop Info Line after IF statement is displayed for some users

Tagged: 

• This topic has 19 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Arvis.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Arvis
      Participant

We recently updated from v2.x to 3.2.2. Everything displays fine in our testing and it’s working perfectly for most users. However, for some users it is displaying everything after an IF statement, no matter what we do to it.

If=value1:1,value2:0,comparator:lt
      COMMENT=text:This text will display

If=value1:1,value2:0,comparator:gt
      COMMENT=text:This text will display

etc

Glenn
      Keymaster

I can’t reproduce that based on the given config snippet. The second comment displays as expected.

At this point you would be looking to find something that’s different about the situations that work compared to those that don’t.

Arvis
      Participant

I’ve done some more testing. When desktopinfo first loads it will display the lines after the IF statement and nothing else for only a second or less. It then refreshes with the rest of the information and processes the IF statements correctly. However, for some people it doesn’t refresh properly and will only display the incorrect IF statement info. Is there a way to make it display nothing until it loads all information?

Glenn
      Keymaster

post your actual ini file so i have something to work with

Arvis
      Participant

Attached.

Arvis
      Participant

Attached again, this time as .txt

Arvis
      Participant

It’s not allowing me to upload a txt file or post the contents of it in this box. I’ll try to attach screenshots of the errors.

Glenn
      Keymaster

zip the ini file or paste into the “crayon” tool. see the option in the toolbar just above where you type your message.

Arvis
      Participant

I got the hand page when using the CRAYON as well. Hopefully the zip makes it through.

Attachments:
        Glenn
        Keymaster

I got it! O-)

I think your problems stem from the fact that your pwdate variable is constructed as a string but later on your IF items treat it like an integer. I’ve taken advantage of the extended “set” syntax to produce multiple variables from the one WMI item. The IF item compares the pwdate_raw variable against the “null” string to test if the wmi column contains any value or not. The last TEXT item uses the formatted pwdate variable for display.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by Glenn.
      Arvis
      Participant

Thank you! It still displays the message about connecting to VPN for a moment, but that’s not really much of an issue.

Is something similar happening here? This is our main issue because people on the correct domain are still seeing this after their computers have been migrated. We have moved 90% of our computers to the new domain and put this message up to catch the stragglers. Two people who didn’t need to be migrated saw the message and drove into the office for a migration, which they didn’t need.

We want the message to show only if they are 100% on the ourdomain.com domain.

Attachments:
      Arvis
      Participant

This is what it looks like for about 10-60 seconds when I first open it. I tried to set the expire variable manually in the onload section so the IF statement can evaluate it immediately, but it still displays for awhile.

Arvis
      Participant

I figured out what is going on. All CONTROL statements after an IF will display no matter what. If I change the exact same line to COMMENT it doesn’t display.

Glenn
      Keymaster

try something like this:

initially, the dmn variable is empty so both IF items will fail and nothing is displayed. after 5 seconds the DOMAIN item is evaluated and the dmn variable is set

Arvis
      Participant

It still displays with the code you provided. I think it’s something with CONTROL. If I change those lines to COMMENT it will work properly.

I was mistaken in my first post in this thread. I was using CONTROL and not COMMENT. If I change all CONTROL lines after IF statements to COMMENT they all work perfectly, but I lose the ability to include links

Attaching another .zip. I don’t know why it’s not letting me post the code.

Attachments:
      Glenn
      Keymaster

i don’t see that behaviour. try v3.24

Arvis
      Participant

I took out everything except two test lines. I’m attaching the ini and a video of the result. I downloaded 3.24 and replaced all files.

Glenn
        Keymaster

it seems to flash on and off again

Glenn
      Keymaster

So I haven’t been able to reproduce this but I think I can see the code that would produce such an effect. That will be fixed in the next update.

Meanwhile, I haven’t found a workaround yet….

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Glenn.
      Arvis
      Participant

You’re the best. Thank you so much! I will adjust our ini for now and add it back later.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Glenn's Page