IPV6 display issue

Forums Desktop Info IPV6 display issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi
      When I attempt to use the ipv6list to display the ipv6 addresses assigned, the global address always has a local appended to it without spaces or line breaks. Happens on W10, W7 and across 4 different PCs, and on all versions from 2.3 to 2.10.1.
      See a sample display snip attached.

ini file:
      ———————
      [options]
      # size and position
      top=0
      right=0
      width=800
      text-align=1
      nav=0

[items]
      PAGE=1
      USER=set:username,hidden:1
      HOST=color:88FFFF,font-size:160%,text-align=1,text:,display:%1
      TEXT=color:aaaaaa,text:,display:%username%
      NETWORKINTERFACES=color:aaaaaa,ipv4list:%8,display:%25,operstatus:1,iftype:6 71,text:
      NETWORKINTERFACES=color:aaaaaa,ipv6list:%11,display:%26:1,iftype:6 71,text:
      HTTPGET=active:1,color:aaaaaa,source:https://myexternalip.com/raw,text:
      ———————–

Attachments:
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

I assume you’re referring to the line beginning with “2001:db8” ? That entry has two addresses. The “ipv6list” option controls the formatting in the same way as the display template. If you want something between the two addresses then add it to the ipv6list option. For example:

comma separated: ipv6list:%11\,
      line break separated: ipv6list:%11|

that’s the pipe symbol.

once the ipv6list display has been finalised, any trailing commas or pipes will be trimmed.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by GlennGlenn.
      +1
      Participant

It’s a little complicated and detailed, but my config for displaying all my interface info is below.

NETWORKINTERFACES=active:1,interval:30,color:55cc77,operstatus:1,iftype:6 71,ipv4list: %8 / %10|,ipv6list: %11 / %13|,friendlyfilter:-vmware-vmnet,display:%2 [%3]| MAC: %4 Tx: %23[1.0B]Bps Rx: %24[1.0B]Bps MTU: %5| IPv4 Address: %25 Gw: %17| DHCPv4: %19 Expires: %14| DNSv4: %15| IPv6 Address: %26| Gw: %18| DNSv6: %16

+2
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Glenn's Page