Idea for Next Update

Forums Snappy Driver Installer Origin Idea for Next Update

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

On the off chance the dev reads this, I got an idea for the next SDIO update

Basically, I got this update for my “Realtek PCIE CardReader Extension Component”, and everytime I install this update and restart, this update continues to show on SDIO, no matter which edition of SDIO I use

So maybe a feature to select any drivers that show on our list, and either add it to an “ignore this update only” list so only future versions show on SDIO when we update the drive indexes, or another list which hides it completely from any SDIO updates so it never shows. I’ve had this update shown on SDIO for ages, and it never goes away no matter how many times I “update” it, so if I can hide it somehow, all the better, out of sight, out of mind

• #2464 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

What settings do you have in Expert Mode and what is the message it displays with the suggested driver update in the main list?

Attachments:
    • #2478 Reply

as a non-forum user here, can’t use attachment for some reason, so here’s a zippylink; it has the snapshot of the SDIO version, and whats going on with the cardreader thing

https://www80.zippyshare.com/v/dHRop7Zd/file.html

• #2479 Reply

and as for expert mode, only settings I changed was the driver pack name one, rest I left alone

• #2480 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

It looks like you have an old Microsoft generic driver installed. It would seem the driver installation is failing. Perhaps you can switch on the console window when installing the Realtek driver and see if it displays an error.

• #2493 Reply

https://www8.zippyshare.com/v/kEIDxHVV/file.html

that is the output the console window showed me when trying to install the realtek cardreader driver thingy

• #2496 Reply
      Participant

Not 0B but rather 0 MB, apparently rounded 4.2K or so down. Only thing standing out to me from that log is the following with multiple occurences:
      ERROR: file not found ‘C:\WINDOWS\inf\oem86.inf’
      I ‘think’ the run otherwise seems okay but I’m no expert. Attached the file here for convenience.

Attachments:
      1. hwat.txt
    • #2499 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

i can see it failing at line 80 and 81. So the next thing to do is try installing it manually.

Check the item in the list and select “Extract to” on the left. Choose a temp folder somewhere and it will extract the files. Now go to that temp folder and drill down the “drivers” folder and find the RtsCrExt.inf file. Right click and Install.

Hopefully that will give you a meaningful error message.

• This reply was modified 2 days ago by GlennGlenn.
Viewing 7 reply threads
Reply To: Idea for Next Update
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!