Error… Exception: std::bad_alloc

Forums Snappy Driver Installer Origin Error… Exception: std::bad_alloc

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi!

I Always (not always, but very often :-)) get an error message after starting SDIO… There is a Windows with a red x saying “Exception: std::bad_alloc / The Programm will self terminate now”… Get this message since three or four revisions, actually I am using the rev 1.6.0. Using it as portable Version with an external USB drive… Any idea?

GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

Apparently that exception is thrown when the program runs out of heap memory or some other failure to process a memory allocation request. This might be a memory leak or some environmental problem.

It doesn’t do that for me so we’ll have to figure out how I can reproduce the problem. Can you pin down a particular environment that will always trigger this error?

Participant

I recall badpointer would make versions of snappy with debug symbols to help him track down problems he couldn’t reproduce on his side. I think it either provided a stack trace or complete program memory dump when it crashed so it could be later analyzed on a different system.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Error… Exception: std::bad_alloc’ is closed to new replies.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!