Displaying Hostname formatted similar to a COMMENT

Forums Desktop Info Displaying Hostname formatted similar to a COMMENT

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Glenn Glenn 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author
    mystlawer
    Participant

I love the utility and features. I am having a problem trying to do a somewhat simple thing.

I would like the top most line to just be the HOSTNAME, flush left. If I provide the HOST item, it comes with a left hand column for the text: entry. While I can supply a blank text: entry it still puts the actual hostname output in the right column.

I tried excluding the text: entry completely. I also tried to leverage the COMMENT item, passing the %host%. In both cases but it does’t display the value stored in host, instead acutally displays “%host%”.

In the attached screenshot you will see the output from the following two lines:
    [items]
    COMMENT=active:1,style:bw,font-size:200%,text:%host%
    HOST=active:1,text:,style:bw,font-size:200%,display:%1

• #2111 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

You’re right. There’s no processing on the COMMENT item at all. I would have expected either one of the COMMENT or TEXT items could have been used in this situation but neither will work. I’ll raise a bug to add variable processing to the COMMENT item and/or the left column text for all items in general.

Reply To: Displaying Hostname formatted similar to a COMMENT
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!