Forums Desktop Info Display OS Version in desktopinfo

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello,

Windows Version: 10 Pro – 20H2
      Desktopinfo Version: 2.9.0

I’m looking for a possibility to diplay the clear name of the Windows build number (in my case: the “20H2” in desktopinfo. With OSVERSION and OSBUILD I can display the version (windows 10 pro) and the build number (19042.610) but not the clear name (from “\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DisplayVersion).
      Is there a possibility?

kind regards
      Detlev

GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

use the REG item with the correct registry key:

REG=value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DisplayVersion

Check the manual for more information.

Participant

I used the following to get information about my Windows installation:

# page 1 – windows configuration
      COMMENT=active:1,color:cccccc,style:iwb,text:Windows Configuration
      REG=active:1,value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ReleaseId,set:releaseid,hidden:1
      WMI=active:1,color:eeeeee,text:Windows,namespace:root\cimv2,query:Win32_OperatingSystem,display:%caption% %releaseid%|Architecture: %OSArchitecture%|Installed: %InstallDate_day% %InstallDate_month%[mmm] %Installdate_year% %installdate_utcoffset%|Boot Time: %LastBootupTime_day% %LastBootupTime_month%[mmm] %LastBootupTime_year% %LastBootupTime_hour%[1.0a]:%LastBootupTime_minute%[2.0d] %LastBootupTime_hour%[2.0p]|Win Dir: %WindowsDirectory%|Sys Dir: %SystemDirectory%
      OSBUILD=active:1

Does this work for you?

1+
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!