Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hallo,
      Wie kann ich bitte deutsche Umlaute wbspw. ö oder ü darstellenß

Danke

• #2301 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

Desktop Info will display German language correctly but you must save the desktopinfo.ini with UTF-8 encoding.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by GlennGlenn.
      Attachments:
    • #2342 Reply

Hallo Glenn,
      Vielen Dank, so einfach kann es doch sein.

• #2378 Reply

Is it possible to display non-ASCII characters from PowerShell output with the CMD command in Desktop Info v2.1? I’ve tried it with the Write-Output and Write-Host functions and to set the $OutputEncoding variable to UTF8 in PowerShell first, but it seems that German umlauts aren’t displayed correctly in Desktop Info:

CMD=active:1,wide:1,file:powershell.exe,parameters:Write-Host äöüß -NoNewline,display:Test1 %4
      CMD=active:1,wide:1,file:powershell.exe,parameters:Write-Output äöüß,display:Test2 %4
      CMD=active:1,wide:1,file:powershell.exe,parameters:$OutputEncoding = [System.Text.Encoding]::UTF8; Write-Host äöüß -NoNewline,display:Test3 %4
      CMD=active:1,wide:1,file:powershell.exe,parameters:$OutputEncoding = [System.Text.Encoding]::UTF8; Write-Output äöüß,display:Test4 %4

screenshot

• #2380 Reply
        GlennGlenn
        Keymaster

silly me didn’t make it wide string. I’ll raise a bug and get that fixed for the next release.

1+
      • #2389 Reply
        GlennGlenn
        Keymaster

I’ve been able to make the CMD item unicode aware. What I haven’t been able to figure out is how to encourage Powershell to output text in unicode.

• #2391 Reply

Have you tried the commands I posted above? If I output into a text file, e.g. with “>” or with “Out-File”, it will be saved as UTF-8.

By the way, I somehow can’t write a post in the “Useful Powershell Commands” thread, when I click on Submit it refreshes the page but nothing happens 🙁

• #2397 Reply
            GlennGlenn
            Keymaster

Yes I’m using your example to test the Unicode code. Retrieving unicode back through the pipe is the key. I have it working with cmd.exe but not with powershell.exe.

I think the issue with the other thread is that posts with attachments need to be approved. So I found all three of your attempts awaiting approval. The forum didn’t notify me 🙁

• #2394 Reply

Seems like this forum blocks my post, but I’m not sure why. Perhaps a spam filter? Can you view filtered posts and unblock it somehow, because it might be useful for others?

• #2409 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

I’ve been googling for days and I’m at a loss as to how to make Powershell write unicode to stdout. If anyone has working code then please post.

Viewing 4 reply threads
Reply To: Deutsche Umlaute
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!