Desktop info reg query reports enterprise on pro

Forums Desktop Info Desktop info reg query reports enterprise on pro

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Running Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise 20H2 X64 (I use both Pro and Enterprise on my computers)

Recently I switched to using Registry query’s to get the Windows OS info as I want it to say “Windows 10 Enterprise” instead of “Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise”. This worked perfectly for me as it takes up less space. I sent the config to my friend who is running Windows 10 Pro and theirs said Windows 10 Enterprise as well. I double checked on their system that the registry value said Pro and it did but it seems that DesktopInfo keeps getting enterprise somewhere. Even telling it to show what is in the variable returns Enterprise. Is this a glitch or is this some weird thing with windows?

the path that I used was “HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion”
      The values that I used were “ProductName, CurrentBuild, DisplayVersion”

Expected:
      OS line says “Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (19042)

Actual:
      OS line says “Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 (19042)

Here is my config.

[options]

# size and position
      top=15
      right=15
      width=460

# font
      font-face=Arial
      font-size=12

# logging
      log=desktopinfo.log
      log-level=error

# navigation buttons
      nav=0

# custom
      contextmenu=0
      formcolor=000000
      transparency=50
      desktopinfo64=1
      allowdrag=0

[items]

# Registry Query
      REG=active:1, value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductName, set:productname, hidden:1
      REG=active:1, value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CurrentBuild, set:currentbuild, hidden:1
      REG=active:1, value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DisplayVersion, set:displayversion, hidden:1

# Main Info
      comment=active:1, color:eeeeee, font-size:140%, style:buw, text: Main Information
      datetime=active:1, text:Date / Time:, display:%3-%2-%4 / %5:%6, interval:10
      boottime=active:1, text:System Boot Time:, interval:60, display:%3-%2-%4 / %5:%6:%7
      host=active:1, text:Computer Name:
      user=active:1, color:eeeeee, text: Username:
      TEXT=active:1, text:OS:, display:%productname% %displayversion% (%currentbuild%) 
      comment=active:1, text:

# Hardware Info
      comment=active:1, style:buw, text: Hardware Information
      cputype=active:1, text:CPU:
      PHYSICALRAM=active:1,interval:1, threshold1:3 80 0000FF, display:%2[3.1b]B, text:RAM:
      LOGICALDRIVES=active:1, text:Storage:, interval:300, threshold1:11 10000000 0000f0, threshold2:13 10000000 0060f0, display:%1:\ %3 %6[1.0B]B/%5[1.0B]B (%7[1.1f]% used)
      displaycontroller=active:1, text:GPU:

# OEM Info
      comment=active:1, text:OEM Information, style:buw
      WMI=active:1, text:Manufacturer:, namespace:root\cimv2, query:Win32_ComputerSystem, display:%Manufacturer%
      WMI=active:1, text:Model:, namespace:root\cimv2, query:Win32_ComputerSystem, display:%model%
      WMI=active:1, text:Service Tag:, namespace:root\cimv2, query:Win32_BIOS,display:%serialnumber%

# Network Info
      comment=active:1, text:Network Information, style:buw
      networkinterfaces=active:1, display:%2 - %8, operstatus:1, friendlyfilter:+Ethernet+Wi-VMware-Default, text:IP Address:, interval:1800
      Dnsserver=active:1, text:DNS Server:
      domain=active:1, hide-no-result:1, text:Domain Name:
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

Ah yes, the joys of a 32-bit application in a 64-bit windows environment. DTI is a 32-bit application so when you try to read that registry key, Windows assumes you really mean the 32-bit WOW section of the registry. Have a look in your registry at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

This is what Windows is actually reading. To convince Windows you really really really want to read the normal section of the registry, add the “wow:64” option to the REG item.

REG=active:1, value:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductName,wow:64

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by GlennGlenn.
      +1
      Participant

Thanks this actually worked.

+1
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Glenn's Page