Desktop Info on Lockscreen

Forums Desktop Info Desktop Info on Lockscreen

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Marius 2 months ago.

• Author
    Fabricio

Hello,

Would it be possible to place this program on the lock screen?

Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

I researched this very question many years ago and couldn’t find a solution. A quick scout around the Win10 docs would seem to indicate that nothing has changed. So the short answer is no, it’s not possible.

Edit: I just discovered the Lock Screen options, I didn’t know was there! Though it looks like they want a very specific type of Windows “App”. DTI is the traditional win32 application so it’s a long way from being a suitable candidate.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Glenn Glenn.
    Thomas

Hi, NetSetMan can do what we are missing.

They can display a Button on Lockscreen to Switch Network profiles… maybe they will give you a hint how to implement it.

Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

this one?
    http://www.netsetman.com

I don’t see any references to the windows lock screen.

Timothy Truckle

Hi Glenn,

it’s under Options -> Preferences -> System Privileges

but NetSetMan is running a service in the background,
    this may be the reason why it works there…

by the way: DI is a very nice tool. I found it recently by looking for an BGI alternative.
    What did you think about making a small plugin interface, so people could write small DLL’s
    to fetch informations they are interestet in and they are not in WMI.
    (I saw here someone asking for GPU temerature or – to get very crazy – having a small scripting engine under the hood like LUA to fetch informations from the net…?)

Glenn
      Glenn
      Keymaster

What did you think about making a small plugin interface, so people could write small DLL’s
      to fetch informations they are interestet in and they are not in WMI.
      (I saw here someone asking for GPU temerature or – to get very crazy – having a small scripting engine under the hood like LUA to fetch informations from the net…?)

Sounds like the long way around the problem. You can retrieve data from DTI using the csv data logging.

Marius

CPU and GPU temerature, FAN RPM info would be very useful and appreciated. 🙂

The topic ‘Desktop Info on Lockscreen’ is closed to new replies.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!