Desktop icons stuck underneath

Forums Desktop Info Desktop icons stuck underneath

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Is it possible to automatically move any desktop icons that are underneath the desktop info? If I put a file in the upper right corner then start desktop info I’m unable to click on that file without moving or hiding desktop info.

• #3280 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

The answer is don’t do it. Move your icons away from the DTI area so that you can still click them. I can’t think of any program that moves your desktop icons because they’re being obscured. Can you imagine the mayhem of dragging DTI around and watching your icons literally get swept aside.

• #3306 Reply
      Participant

The problem is only when transparency is “on”. If someone has a lot of icons on their desktop, the desktop info covers them and the user can’t click on them. If I don’t use a transparency setting, it’s entirely transparent, and the user can click on desktop icons in this area.

Is it possible to allow users to click on their icons through the opaque background of desktop info?

• #3308 Reply
        GlennGlenn
        Keymaster

No. Windows doesn’t allow that.

I understand the problem. You’re putting DTI on a variety of computers within the organization and you can’t predict what the users of those computers will do on their desktop. So there’s a excellent chance that, no matter where you place DTI, it will obscure a desktop icon.

Solution A: Move the icons out from underneath DTI.
        Solution B: Allow clicking through the non-transparent DTI window.
        Solution C: ?

It bears thinking about some more…

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: Desktop icons stuck underneath
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!