Dell Service Tag

Forums Desktop Info Dell Service Tag

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JASON KERSH 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author

JASON

In BGinfo we pulled the dell service tag with this wmi query. SELECT SerialNumber FROM Win32_BIOS I cant seem to get this to work with desktopinfo. I will admit that I am not great with scripting. I have tried both of these with no luck.

WMI=active:1,text:Service Tag,namespace:root\cimv2,query:identifyingnumber,display:%Caption%wmic csproduct get identifyingnumber

WMI=active:1,text:Service Tag,namespace:root\cimv2,query:serialnumber,display:%Caption%wmic SELECT SerialNumber FROM Win32_BIOS

Any help would be appreciated.

• #1464 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

the query option needs to be the complete wmi query minus the select clause. in this case it would be “query:Win32_BIOS”. The display option represents what you want to see on the screen. The WMI properties you want to see are quoted in percent signs, like %caption% %serialnumber%.

The complete item might look like this:

WMI=active:1,text:Service Tag,namespace:root\cimv2,query:Win32_BIOS,display:%Caption% (%serialnumber%)

This gives you one line with the serial number in brackets. You might like two lines like this:

WMI=active:1,text:Service Tag,namespace:root\cimv2,query:Win32_BIOS,display:%Caption%|Serial Number: %serialnumber%

The pipe symbol starts a new line. See how I’ve added my own text to the display as well as the wmi results.

or if you just want the serial number:

WMI=active:1,text:Service Tag,namespace:root\cimv2,query:Win32_BIOS,display:%serialnumber%

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Glenn Glenn.
    1+
  • #1466 Reply

JASON KERSH

Glenn, you are the man.

Reply To: Dell Service Tag
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!