Deduped Drive space response

Forums Desktop Info Deduped Drive space response

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve noticed that the LOGICALDRIVES drive space isn’t consistent on disks that are deduped.

The graph does look about right but not the drive details.

Here is my .ini code:
      LOGICALDRIVES=active:1,interval:5,chart:bar linear 100 7 75,row-text:%1: (%2) %3,display:%6[1.0B]B / %5[1.0B]B (%7[1.0f]% used)

I’ve attached an example of what DesktopInfo is showing and what the OS is showing for space left.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    • #2822 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

I notice all of the disks are off. The numbers don’t seem to add up. Do you have quotas active? Do you run it as Admin?

• #2832 Reply
      Participant

No quotas active and always run DI as Admin.

Thanks

• #2833 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

I note that the DTI LOGICALDRIVES display uses decimal bytes by default (that’s how the manufacturers quote it) and the Windows “This PC” display uses binary bytes. If you convert the decimal bytes of DTI to binary bytes, you get the same figures that Windows is displaying. It’s easy to pick it up when the numbers are GB or MB but when it’s 1TB, the rounding is hiding it.

Try changing the LOGICALDRIVES display to binary bytes and the numbers will make sense.

The default is:
      display:%6[1.0B]B/%5[1.0B]B (%7[1.1f]% used)

Change it to:
      display:%6[1.1g]B/%5[1.1g]B (%7[1.1f]% used)

You should see about 1090GB for drive E: and the others will also match up.

Note that I’m using the lower case ‘g’ in the format string.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by GlennGlenn.
    • #2835 Reply
      Participant

Hmmm, still not quite right. The labels are no longer correct (TB, GB, etc).

• #2838 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

check the manual under the section “Transforming Numbers”. have a play with it. when you use the best fit, it will append the unit. when you use something else, you need to append the unit. You can try the binary terabyte: display:%6[1.1t]TB/%5[1.1t]TB or the binary best fit with decimal place: display:%6[1.1b]B/%5[1.1b]B

• #2842 Reply
      Participant

%6[1.0b]B / %5[1.0b]B

Appears to work quite nicely for the At-A-Glance display.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads
Reply To: Deduped Drive space response
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!