Dealing with screen resolutions

Forums Desktop Info Dealing with screen resolutions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Glenn Glenn 20 hours, 26 minutes ago.

• Author

André

Hello,

I’ve been trying to find a way to deal with different screen resolutions like if someone has a laptop then plugs it into a docking station so that you get more screen with like the resolution 1920×1200 instead of 1366×768(laptop screen).

Desktop info will be fitted togheter with the background image so is it any known way you know of dealing with this?
    Like having percentage of the screen (left/right config) was in my mind but a login-script may solve this with getting the current resolution and then setting the .ini-file based on an certain percentage of the current resolution.

Thanks in advance for advice!

BR
    André

• #876 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

What is it, exactly, you are trying to achieve?

• #881 Reply

André

Basically, I want to have desktopinfo in the same location no matter which resolution you have.

• #907 Reply
      Glenn
      Glenn
      Keymaster

like an absolute position on the screen: PositionX=100 PositionY=300 will always be placed in exactly that position on the screen regardless of the current screen size, monitors etc ??

You mentioned a certain percentage of the screen:
      Top=10%
      Left=5%

would position it 10% down from the top and 5% across from the left.

• #959 Reply

André

Hi again,

Just tried to set Top=50% and Left=50% just to see any difference but nothing seems to happen, it just puts Deskoptinfo like it wouldn’t be any vaules set.

Did I misunderstood you with that and this function isn’t available yet?

Thanks in advance!

BR
        André Bergström

• #961 Reply
          Glenn
          Glenn
          Keymaster

Umm no. We were discussing the best way to achieve this. Before we can proceed you should expand on your idea of “I want to have desktopinfo in the same location no matter which resolution you have.”

Reply To: Dealing with screen resolutions
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!