Cpu Temp

Forums Desktop Info Cpu Temp

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Miguel Angelo 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Chris

Christopher A Farwell
    13 September, 2018 at 9:31 am
    I found your app and love it!. I’ve been playing around and can’t seem to get a graph for cpu temp to populate. Box for graph comes up and label is there. Also get a for the numerical temp. I’m sure it’s something simple I’m overlooking. Can you assist? Machines are servers. 1 HP dl380gen6-7, the other a dell c2100. Both running server 2016.

• #586 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

Hi Chris, Yeah I don’t think the graph in it’s current form will work for you. It seems to be hard wired to a logarithmic scale. Don’t ask, it seemed like the thing to do at the time. Anyway, a rework of the charts is somewhere on the list of things to do so we can set the scale, add multiple values, colours etc

• #587 Reply

Chris

Christopher A Farwell
      14 September, 2018 at 5:04 am
      Okie Dokie Glenn. Thanks for the response. App is still the bomb! I have many VM’s that I bounce in and out of and it lets me see what is going on quickly. The temp thing is for a friend who like to see lots of metrics. Let me know when the graph is live. Is there a way to get the temp in numerical form, I just get n/a right now or is it all tied together?

• #588 Reply
        Glenn
        Glenn
        Keymaster

Cpu temperature is problematic. Your best option right now is a tool called CoreTemp. Desktop Info has an item that will talk with that tool if running and retrieve the cpu temp from it. I’m also looking at another tool called Open Hardware Monitor.

• #614 Reply

Miguel Angelo

i have been using open hardware monitor and it works fine.

my desktop runs on steam wallpaper engine + desktop info + open hardware monitor.

3 resources but.. worth it 🙂

Reply To: Cpu Temp
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!