CONTROL with type 1 underlines both columns

Forums Desktop Info CONTROL with type 1 underlines both columns

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi Glenn,

i am still using DesktopInfo v1.18 because there was no need to change. It just works perfectly for our needs. When i update to the latest version, i get a minor issue with CONTROL. We use it for displaying a hyperlink:

CONTROL=type:1,text:Support Info, display:Get Support, uri:http://example.com

In the old version this worked just fine and only the hyperlink was underlined. With the latest version it also underlines the left column “Support Info”. If i switch to type=0 it works as expected.
      Do you have an idea why this happens? So far i did not find a solution to remove the underline on the left column.

BR
      Simon

• #3060 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

I can see why this happens. The hyperlink control is resetting the item style forcing the text to be underlined as well. This is not what we want.

Perhaps the answer is to apply the item style to both text and hyperlink and always force underline on the hyperlink.

• #3061 Reply

is there a way do define this?

it is also possible to remove underline for both with an empty style 🙂
      CONTROL=type:1,style:,text:Support Info, display:Get Support, uri:http://example.com

• #3062 Reply
        GlennGlenn
        Keymaster

is there a way do define this?

not currently.

it is also possible to remove underline for both with an empty style

yes i discovered that, not sure that’s a good thing.

I want to avoid having two style options so I think the previous idea is the best. That is, style will be applied to both text and hyperlink and in addition, the hyperlink will always be underlined.

Viewing 2 reply threads
Reply To: CONTROL with type 1 underlines both columns
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!