Control Text broken in 1.17, Fine in 1.16

Forums Desktop Info Control Text broken in 1.17, Fine in 1.16

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Richard 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author
    Richard

Hello,

I found your program about a month or so ago and it’s really good! (Started off using 1.15 then 1.16 couple of days later)

This morning i noticed your released 1.17 and downloaded it and replaced the files however it seems in 1.17 even though it says alignment fixed (Change 3) using text and control it’s actually broken where it was not in 1.16.

This is been tried on Windows 1809 / 1903

I have linked some examples: (Showing the difference between 1.16 and 1.17 it also happens with your own advanced .ini file)

Broken on 1.17 - Advanced .ini

CONTROL=active:6,type:0,text:Tools,display:Device Manager,uri:devmgmt.msc

This is your own file included in 1.17 – Tools gets cut off even though all the additional spaces as without that it shows nothing like in my example below

My example broken in 1.17

My quick example showing the example broke in 1.17

CONTROL=active:1,color:Text:1234567890,button-color:#C3D4E4,Display:Example Button Here, uri:http://www.google.com

Same .ini example working fine 1.16

My quick example showing the example works fine in 1.16

CONTROL=active:1,Text:1234567890,button-color:#C3D4E4,Display:Example Button Here, uri:http://www.google.com

One other question is there a possibly to have the Control object in the first column so you have a button linking to a URL without any text to the left hand side.

No log file as it doesn’t error out

Thanks again

• #1927 Reply
    Richard

Seems the img tags failed on me – Hopefully the link tags work!:

Images

• #1928 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

Hi Richard, thanks for the report. I can see from the screen captures that the column 1 text is partially blanked out. Is the same true when using a hyperlink?

What I’ve discovered is the text is always blanked initially after loading the config. If I right click refresh, the text is fully displayed. If I make another ini change, the text is blanked again. So it always happens right after loading the config and only for buttons, not for hyperlinks.

I’ll raise a bug and get that fixed.

• #1932 Reply
    Richard

Hello Glenn,

I had a chance to test it out and your correct it only seems to happen on buttons not hyperlinks.

Cheers again for great program and quick reply.

Reply To: Control Text broken in 1.17, Fine in 1.16
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!