Computer Description?

Forums Desktop Info Computer Description?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

My main reason for looking at this app is where i work the background is set by GP. so BGinfo is useless…

I have desktopinfo almost set up how i want but i cant work out one tag

I would really like to display the workstation description (as in the description you set where you set the workstation name)

I want to be able to easily identify from a look at the desktop what the pc has been assigned too.
      IE: I have 5 trolleys of laptops so i have what trolley that laptop is assigned to written in the description and i’d like it on the desktop.

HOST=active:1,interval:0,color:ffdd99,text:Computer
      DESCRIPTION=active:1,interval:0,color:ffdd99,text:Description
      WMI=active:1,interval:60,text:Battery,namespace:root\cimv2,query:Win32_Battery,display:%EstimatedChargeRemaining%% (%battery%BatteryStatus%%)
      USER=active:1,interval:0,color:ffdd99,text:Username
      DOMAIN=active:1,interval:0,color:ffdd99,text:Domain
      ENVVAR=active:1,interval:0,color:ffdd99,text:Name,key:DisplayName
      BOOTTIME=active:1,color:ffdd99,display:%1[ddd] %2 %3[mmm] %4[yyyy]\, %5[2.0d]:%6[2.0d]:%7[2.0d]
      NETWORKADAPTER=active:1,interval:5,color:ffdd99,text:Connected by,activeonly:1,count:8,filter:
      IPADDRESS=active:1,interval:5,color:ffdd99,text:IP Address
      PHYSICALRAM=active:1,interval:10,color:ffdd99,threshold1:3 80 0000FF,display:%1[3.1b]B / %2[3.1b]B (%3% used)
      WMI=active:1,interval:60,text:Anti-Virus, namespace:root\cimv2, query:Win32_Service where name=”SepMasterService”,display:%state%\,%status%

• #2398 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

Try this:

WMI=active:1,interval:0,text:Description,namespace:root\cimv2,query:Win32_OperatingSystem,display:%description%

This wmi call will give you a bunch of other interesting stuff.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by GlennGlenn.
    • #2399 Reply
      GlennGlenn
      Keymaster

A slightly more involved version which puts host on the left and description on the right:

WMI=active:1,interval:0,style:b,color:f0f0f0,namespace:root\cimv2,query:Win32_OperatingSystem,row-text:%csname%,display:%description%

• #2401 Reply
      Participant

Thanks for getting back so fast.

works a treat!

Viewing 3 reply threads
Reply To: Computer Description?
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!