colours as variables

Forums Desktop Info colours as variables

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Glenn Glenn 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author
    Mistamule

Hi Glenn,
    A couple of suggestions for your to-do list.
    1. Option to place navigation buttons at top of page, below banner logo.
    2. Define a set of colours as variables in the option area of the ini file.
    This would make changing the appearance of DTI simple by just editting a few lines.
    I really appreciate your good work on this great product! Carry on coding!
    Regards,
    MM

• #1895 Reply
    Glenn
    Glenn
    Keymaster

Some interesting ideas.

1a. I wonder if the nav buttons could be just another item and I place it wherever I want in the display order.

1b. Kind of makes me think I could do the same with the banner logo. Just make a graphic item and place it anywhere in the display order so we can put the banner at the top or at the bottom or put any kind of graphic anywhere in the display.

2. Good idea. I’ll alter it slightly though. If we use the standard SET item to define color values at the top of the items section then we can use standard user variables in the colors throughout the items.

• #1902 Reply
    MistaMule

Hi Glenn,

1. I thought that with the nav buttons in a fixed position you could quickly scroll through all pages by just clicking on mouse without moving it around hunting for the buttons but whatevere is easiest for you.

2. Using SET would do but you might need to add an “active=all” so that you don’t need to redefine the same colours for multiple pages.

Regards,
    MM

• #1907 Reply
      Glenn
      Glenn
      Keymaster

1. That would mean having to define it for each page. Doesn’t seem like a good idea upon reflection. Add an option for “nav-location” 0=bottom,1=top.

2. Good point. It’s a thing I’ve already struck. The user variables really need to be independent of the pages.

Reply To: colours as variables
Your information:

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!