Can’t get CONTROL uris to work

Forums Desktop Info Can’t get CONTROL uris to work

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      mjr4077au
      Participant

Hi there! I’m trying to get a mailto link working like the below with 3.2.0, but instead of following Windows’ protocol association, I get a window asking me how to handle the link and it just doesn’t work:

CONTROL=type:1,text:Email,display:user@domain.com,uri:mailto:user@domain.com

I put some screenshots in the attachment. Not sure if this is and issue or I’m just not doing the right thing here.

• This topic was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by mjr4077au.
      Attachments:
      rtruss
      Participant

I would say that is a cause of no default mail client being selected, I do see you have a few options in your list, which is most likely contributing to the issue. Have you opened up one yet and told the OS to make it the default? The mailto std should use your whatever mail client you have configured as the default.

I tried to duplicate the issue but am not, not even on units with multiple mail clients installed. Mine all see to default of the built-in mail client, even those where I know I have not yet launched/configured outlook or the built-in client. Have you removed the built-in mail app?

Glenn
      Keymaster

It looks like you have no default mail application. Go to Start->Settings->Apps->Default Apps and make sure you have a mail application configurated.

mjr4077au
      Participant

This is actually completely my fault. I’ve got DesktopInfo running as a service via NSSM so its always open and users don’t have rights to close it. Of course, the SYSTEM user profile doesn’t have proper associations or mailto: handler etc so it fails.

Thanks for responding though 🙂

rtruss
      Participant

Anyone else notice that mailto is not working in v 3.2.2.4130?

CONTROL=type:1,Text:E-Mail:,display:someemail@someplace.com,uri:mailto:someemail@someplace.com
      Or am I missing something?

rtruss
        Participant

I did confirm it worked with 3.2.0.4119.

Glenn
        Keymaster

Working here. Does it crash or just do nothing?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Glenn's Page